Treasurer and Executive Vice President of Budget and Finance
Purdue University in Indiana
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||January 13, 2014|
The Treasurer/EVPBF leads and oversees all aspects of the university's financial resources, ensuring institutional integrity on financial matters, budgetary construction and resource allocation. The Treasurer/EVPBF possesses deep understanding of budget models and financial instruments and uses that knowledge to develop and recommend to the president and Board of Trustees financial and administrative objectives, policies, programs and practices that ensure a sound and robust financial structure for the university. Working with the president, provost, deans and administrative leadership, the Treasurer/EVPBF ensures unit budgets optimize institutional resources while realizing maximum efficiencies. The Treasurer/EVPBF is responsible for long-range financial planning, budgetary management, capital financing, and investment strategies which result in a sustainable economic model that ensures a viable and vital future for the institution. The Treasurer/EVPBF manages, administers and provides oversight of the institution's financial affairs, business services, human-resource services, physical facilities, auxiliary enterprises, physical and capital planning, campus safety and internal-audit functions. The Treasurer/EVPBF administers the institution's financial relationships with affiliated corporations and ensures institutional compliance with state and federal statutes and regulations with respect to financial matters.
- Master's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related area.
- Substantial experience and demonstrated competence developing highly complex budgets and budget models at the unit and enterprise levels.
- Substantial experience and demonstrated competence in leading complex organizations, working collaboratively on major organizational and institutional initiatives and managing work-teams across functional areas.
- Substantial experience and demonstrated competence in resource optimization within complex organizations and across functional areas.
- Substantial experience and demonstrated competence in the use of financial reporting/modeling tools, statistical methods, statistical reporting, and use of relational databases.
- Experience in making presentations to decision makers and chief executives.
- Knowledge and understanding of key financial institutional-reporting requirements at the state and federal level.
A Background Check will be required for employment in this position.
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible For Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contributions Immediately.
- Purdue University is an equal access/equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://purdue.taleo.net/careersection/wl/jobdetail.ftl?job=209268&lang=en&sns_id=mailto