|Deadline||January 23, 2014|
|Date Posted||January 10, 2014|
Program Administrator (UCP 6)
Stamford MBA Program
School of Business
University of Connecticut
The School of Business is seeking a full time Program Administrator to work at the Stamford Campus for the School’s Stamford MBA Program. The incumbent will report to the Program Manager of the Stamford MBA Programs and be responsible for advising program participants, monitoring and coordinating program activities, and implementing recruiting strategies for the School of Business programs in Stamford, exercising judgment and resolving problems central to the operation of these programs. The position will be based in Stamford but will require occasional travel to other UConn campuses. Weekend and evening hours may also be required on occasion in support of program needs.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: coordinating program promotion and the recruitment of qualified business students at the Stamford campus through marketing and outreach strategies, as well as contacting the target population within the business community and general public, including open houses and information sessions; reviewing applications and admissions information, screening applicants, evaluating credits and recommending program admission action; overseeing the registration process and managing student administration system issues as well as coordinating data entry for proper registration, class rosters, enrollment statistics, grade reports, etc.; assisting in advising students regarding academic planning and course selection; coordinating degree certification procedures; facilitating the implementation of undergraduate business articulation agreements at Stamford area community colleges and advising community college and transfer students interested in Stamford business programs; assisting faculty advisors with students’ plans of study, course selections and career planning; developing a master schedule of Stamford business courses for executive director and department approval, for presentation at scheduling meetings and website posting; responding to inquiries about business undergraduate and Master’s programs, other business school majors and shadow students; monitoring and reviewing special payroll and student payroll actions in compliance with School and University procedures as necessary; assisting individuals as needed with classroom or auditorium needs; processing and maintaining necessary paperwork, records and files in support of business programs in Stamford; assembling and interpreting data; preparing administrative reports and ranking surveys; acting as a resource to faculty, staff and students regarding program, School and University policies and regulations; performing ongoing special projects or operations necessary to the School’s mission and goals as necessary; performing related duties as required.
1. Bachelor’s degree in business or a related discipline.
2. Four to five years’ experience in an academic or administrative environment involving evaluation of customer needs and high level of customer service.
3. Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, especially Excel and Word, and database management, as well as demonstrated ability to work with mainframe systems software.
4. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
5. Ability to work cooperatively with students, faculty and staff.
6. Demonstrated ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment.
7. Ability to work up to 7:00 PM or later Mondays through Thursdays and to work on weekends when courses are scheduled.
8. Available own transportation to travel to other University campuses and locations as needed.
1. Demonstrated experience in student recruitment and advising.
2. Familiarity with academic software systems, such as PeopleSoft.
3. Demonstrated experience updating web pages.
Please apply online using Husky Hire at www.jobs.uconn.edu to submit a letter of application, resume, and the names and contact information of three professional references. For full consideration, please apply by January 23, 2014. The University of Connecticut is an EEO/AA employer. (Search # 2014369)
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://www.jobs.uconn.edu