Vice President for Marketing and Communications
Eastern Kentucky University in Kentucky
|Date Posted||January 10, 2014|
Vice President for Marketing and Communications
Great Journeys Begin at EKU: come here and go anywhere.
About the University:
Eastern Kentucky University (EKU) is a regional, coeducational, public institution of higher education offering general and liberal arts programs, pre-professional and professional training in various fields at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. Located in Richmond, Madison County, Kentucky, EKU has a distinguished record of more than a century of educational service to the Commonwealth. EKU has recently been named Best for Vets by Military Times, a Top Tier Regional University in the South by U.S. News, a Great College to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education, and one of Americas Best Colleges by Forbes. Situated near the heart of the Bluegrass, Richmond, the county seat of Madison County, is one of the Commonwealth's fastest-growing cities, with about 33,000 residents. The community provides an excellent environment for the university student and boasts a regional shopping mall, theaters, live entertainment, fine dining, cultural events and activities, as well as many areas of historic and scenic interest.
About the Position:
The Vice President for Marketing and Communications is responsible for building, communicating and maintaining the institutions brand through collaboration with internal and external University stakeholders. This newly created position will bring together marketing and communications functions within the University to lead the development, implementation and on-going articulation of Eastern Kentucky Universitys unique identity and mission through a program of integrated marketing and communication. Key goals will include increasing the overall visibility of EKU by developing and implementing marketing communication in a consistent and coordinated matter both internally and externally, establishing and leading a cohesive high-performing staff, setting high standards of excellence, and using analytics to assess achievement of goals and objectives. This position reports directly to the President of the University and serves as a member of the Presidents Council.
Major Responsibilities Include:
- Formulating and executing a strategic marketing & communication plan to support the institution in achieving goals of student attraction, retention, and success.
- Counseling and leading University Colleges and Departments in developing marketing strategies with a focus on brand development and marketing.
- Leading marketing, public relations, communication, and branding functions across campus, working closely with others to identify and communicate key messages throughout multiple campaigns and media while also integrating brand consistency throughout campus and platforms.
- Bachelors degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Business, or related field is required. MBA or other related advanced degree is preferred.
- 10+ years of directly related work experience is required, to include a minimum of 5 years of direct management experience over a team of creative professionals. Higher education experience will be considered beneficial.
- Ability to take measured risks and drive innovative strategies and messaging through new media.
- Demonstrated ability to work across functions and lead an executive team to drive change in a positive, collaborative and transparent way.
- The ability to articulate a vision and strategy in a way that inspires and motivates a team and focuses their energy on achieving institutional goals.
- The ability to bring together disparate functions and ideas in a collaborative and cohesive manner, and present new concepts and methods in ways that gain stakeholder buy-in.
- Communicator strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to use those skills to influence outcomes, gain the confidence of others, and implement both strategic and tactical plans
- Creativity persistently and respectively challenges the status quo to implement new ideas
- Innovation brings new thinking and best practices to challenges and opportunities
- Influence positively motivates others and drives change
- Leadership attracts, retains, and motivates talent to deliver results while also being a collegial team player who coaches others, develops talent, and creates opportunities for others success
- Marketplace Acumen understands the competitive landscape and is able to anticipate shifts in the competitive environment and their potential impact on the institution and responds accordingly
- Results and Relationship Orientation balances the need for achieving short-term goals with the need for building effective long-term relationships
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and education qualifications and is competitive within the higher education marketplace.
Review of applications will begin on January 31, 2014 and will continue until the position is filled. A completed online EKU employment application is required and can be confidentially submitted at http://hr.eku.edu/employment Search requisition #0614796
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Eastern Kentucky University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and educational institution and does not discriminate on the basis of age (40 and over), race color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information in the admission to, or participation in, any educational program or activity (e.g., athletics, academics and housing) which it conducts, or in any employment policy or practice.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/4hysx3c
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://www.Click2Apply.net/4hysx3c