Associate Director for Library Services
The College of William and Mary in Virginia
|Date Posted||January 9, 2014|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
This Associate Director for Library Services is a member of the McLeod Business Library, a small resource facility serving the Mason School of Business at the College of William & Mary. The Library is an important resource for the Mason School for both faculty and students and is dedicated to providing service for all aspects of business research.
The successful candidate will assist the Director in the development and delivery of key user services to Mason School constituents. This individual will assist in advancing the goals and objectives of the Mason School and establish a patron-centered service geared towards pathways to the databases and other resources. While there will be some administrative responsibilities associated with this position, the primary role is that of leading in the area of Reference and Information Literacy. The ideal candidate will be a strategic and visionary leader with demonstrated commitment to academic excellence.
This is a professional position with a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience. Benefits include 24 days of annual leave per year in addition to 12 paid holidays. Some evening and weekend hours may be required. Some travel may be required.
Established in 1693, the College of William & Mary continues a long tradition of excellence by combining the best features of an undergraduate college with the opportunities offered by a modern research university. Adjacent to historic Colonial Williamsburg, the College is approximately 150 miles south of Washington, D.C. and located midway between Richmond and Norfolk, offering the ideal setting for a liberal arts education.
ALA-accredited MLS degree required;
- Demonstrated strong project management, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated teaching ability and experience with assessment.
- Experience with providing high quality reference services with a variety of print and online resources.
- Demonstrated experience with business databases and operability among most databases within a College library system.
- Knowledge of current trends and issues in library services, well developed interpersonal, public speaking, teaching and writing skills.
- Demonstrates the ability and possess and be able to communicate the skills, attitudes and values consistent with students, faculty, staff and the community that utilize the library and School.
- Experience with collection development, budget planning and establishing policies.
- Experience working collaboratively and independently with diverse constituencies within a complex organization and constantly changing environment.
- Experience working in an academic library setting;
The College of William & Mary values diversity and invites applications from underrepresented groups who will enrich the research, teaching and service missions of the university. The College is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer.
The College of William & Mary is committed to providing a safe campus community. W&M conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.
Qualified applicants please apply here: https://jobs.wm.edu/postings/16417
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at https://jobs.wm.edu/postings/16417