Assistant Director, Career Management Center
Rowan University in New Jersey
|Deadline||March 07, 2014|
|Date Posted||January 8, 2014|
The Assistant Director reports to the Director of Career Management Center (CMC). The Assistant Director assists students and alumni in all phases of career development. This includes individual counseling and group activities on self-assessment, career exploration and job search strategies. Other responsibilities include conducting group presentations and serving as a liaison to various student groups and organizations. This person will be responsible for identifying, establishing, cultivating, and maintaining employer relationships in an effort to provide part-time, summer, internship, field experience and full-time employment opportunities for our students. In addition, this person will be responsible for the coordination and implementation of career fairs and events, as well as, the administration of the Job Locator and Developer (JLD) Program. The marketing of career events to internal and external constituents will also be required. These activities may include some evening and weekend hours.
Functional Areas of Responsibility: Career counseling, presenting workshops, overseeing career management program, effectively marketing services, developing student learning outcomes and assessment, event planning, participating in university committees and activities, and continuing professional development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide career counseling and development including assisting students and alumni with career exploration, resume and cover letter writing, informational interviewing, interview skills, and job search techniques
- Conduct mock interviews and critique resumes
- Make presentations/conduct workshops for classes, clubs, faculty groups, and other appropriate on- and off-campus groups
- Represent the CMC Center at on-and off-campus group meetings
- Identify organizations, and establish relationships that will provide part-time, summer, internship, field experience and full-time employment opportunities for our students
- Develop an integrated marketing plan to increase student and employer participation in employment related activities
- Participate in professional development activities by attending conferences, workshops, and seminars. Secure membership in professional career development organizations and occasionally visit other facilities that provide similar services
- Work cooperatively with and assist all staff in providing present services and in developing new services/programs to meet the needs of our customers: students, staff, alumni, and employers.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Director, Career Management Center
Master of Arts: Administration, Master of Administrative Science, Master of Business Administration, Master of Human Resources Management, Counseling in Educational Settings, or related field
- Three (3) years Professional experience in career development/counseling/employer development or related field.
- Experience in sales, business development, and employer engagement
- Demonstrated experience with various Internet applications to explore majors, careers and job search strategies
- Experience with marketing and event planning for both students and employers
- Ability to take leadership role while coordinating various events and programs
- Demonstrated experience working with students from various socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule, including nights and weekends
- Ability to support the mission of the Department, Division, and Rowan University
- Human Resources Staffing & Recruiting experience
- Experience with developing employer partnerships and programs
- Understanding of the development of student learning outcomes and assessments
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, organizational skills; and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Expertise in university policies procedures and academic programs
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to efficiently and effectively establish rapport with students to provide high quality career advising while motivating students toward academic success.
- Ability to build effective working relationships with employers, faculty, professional staff, and administrators to enhance the career functions of CMC
- Working knowledge of Excel, Microsoft Word, Power Point, Outlook, SPSS, Survey Monkey, Career Counseling Software including: CSO, Experience, NACELink, and Focus2
Start Date: July 1, 2014
The application must be submitted through our online application system @ URL link: http://rowanuniversity.hodesiq.com/job-details.aspx?jobid=4176148
Please submit a cover letter, resume and supportive material by March 7, 2014.
Rowan University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment.
All positions are contingent upon budget appropriations.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://rowanuniversity.hodesiq.com/job-details.aspx?jobid=4176148