Director of Development, Lucas College and Graduate School of Business and College of Science
San Jose State University in California
|Date Posted||January 7, 2014|
San Jose State University
Employment Opportunity for Director of Development
Division of University Advancement
San José State University (SJSU) invites applications for two Director of Development positions, one for the Lucas College and Graduate School of Business and the second for the College of Science. In June 2013, SJSU successfully completed Acceleration, its first comprehensive fundraising campaign. We are currently seeking energetic and entrepreneurial fundraising professionals to join our team as the university positions for its next capital campaign.
About the Position
Under the general direction of the Executive Director of Development, this position develops and executes strategies to secure philanthropic support for San José State University fund raising priorities identified by the University’s leadership in collaboration with the Office of Development in the Division of University Advancement. Designated priorities may include funding for academic and other programs, endowed chairs and professorships, scholarships, unrestricted support, facility renovations, new facilities and other specified priorities. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Actively managing a prospect/donor portfolio with annual goals for personal visits and fundraising outcomes based on established metrics.
• Developing and executing sound strategies to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward major gift prospects/donors—initiating contact, developing appropriate cultivation plans, and moving individuals in an appropriate and timely fashion toward solicitation and closure.
• Working collaboratively with the leadership of assigned areas/units, key university administrators and other stakeholders, offering them counsel on donor-centric cultivation and solicitation strategy, as appropriate.
• Working in concert with peers in Major Gifts as well as colleagues in Annual Giving, Planned Giving, Corporate and Foundation relations and Stewardship.
• Working with volunteer leadership providing them direction and support in maximizing the University’s major gift fundraising potential.
• Preparing written donor cultivation and solicitation plans and proposals and drafting Memoranda of Understanding for gifts when appropriate and facilitating their processing.
• Engaging in campus and community activities relevant to the fundraising mission of the University.
To complete online application go to: http://my.sjsu.edu/jobs/
Copyright ©2013 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://apptrkr.com/425324