Electronic Resources Librarian UNT Libraries Collection Management Department
University of North Texas in Texas
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||January 8, 2014|
|Type||Non tenure track|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
The Electronic Resources Librarian (ERL) reports to the Head of the Selections and Acquisitions Unit. The ERL will work collaboratively with the Contracts Librarian and the Library Liaisons group to provide direction for the life cycle of electronic resources including researching, recommending, negotiation, acquiring, implementing, and supporting access, marketing, and assessment. The ERL is also responsible for maintaining positive relationships with vendors and publishers. The ERL incorporates emerging technologies into collection development workflows.
The ERL serves as a representative of the Collection Development department to other library divisions, university groups, external service providers, and consortium partners. The Librarian may supervise staff as needed, and will serve on university and library committees as appropriate.
SPECIFIC POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides leadership in developing and delivering the UNT Libraries collections of electronic resources, specifically eBooks.
- Develops, document, and assess workflows for electronic resources-related tasks.
- Works with Technology and Computer Operations to provide technical review of proposed electronic products.
- Negotiates with vendors to obtain the favorable costs, terms, and conditions. Participates in renewal/cancellation activities of electronic resources.
- Maintains knowledge of national trends in electronic resource management, and communicates information to department and subject liaisons
- Assists with license interpretation and the recording of terms.
- Serves on various library work groups/committees as well as university committees as requested.
- Participates in library and information science scholarship and professional organizations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Coordinates librarys demand-driven acquisition (DDA/PDA) program.
- Troubleshooting patron connection issues with eBooks.
- Administer YBPs GOBI acquisitions platform.
- Works closely with librarians/staff in other library departments in the identification, evaluation, and selection of electronic resources materials to support the Universitys teaching and research objectives.
- Compiles specified electronic resource usage statistics, performs vendor evaluations, and undertakes other related assessment activities.
- Provides outreach for electronic resources, including the creation of announcements, development of training materials, provision of training sessions, and incorporation of electronic content into curriculum, online courses, and LibGuides.
- Maintains holdings data for electronic resources in the Sierra database and Serials Solutions knowledgebase.
- Fosters strong professional relationships and communications with vendors, publishers and consortia, to obtain product information, preliminary pricing information, and preliminary licensing information.
- Coordinates with Library Liaisons to schedule and administers trials, and evaluations, of electronic resources.
MS/MLS/MSIS from an ALA-accredited program or equivalent advanced degree in library or information science
Minimum of 2 years collection development experience involving electronic resources
Experience with user instruction, training, and documentation
Evidence of flexibility and ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
Evidence of publishing and/or participation in professional organizations appropriate to the level of appointment
Experience working with YBPs GOBI product
Experience working with SpringShares LibGuides product
Familiarity with IIIs Sierra or Millennium ILS
Experience creating statistical reports and managing usage data
Familiarity with course management systems
Familiarity with accounting principles
Salary and Rank: Librarian rank will be determined by the Library Personnel Affairs Committee through review of the selected candidate's education, experience, scholarly and professional involvement, and service. Salary commensurate with experience. Complete information about Librarian rank can be found at http://www.library.unt.edu/administrativeoffice/employment/librarian/academic-ranks-for-librarians/
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: All applicants must apply to https://facultyjobs.unt.edu . Open until search is closed.
UNT is an AA/ADA/EOE.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at https://facultyjobs.unt.edu