Facilities Planner - Campus Planner
University of North Texas in Texas
|Date Posted||January 6, 2014|
University of North Texas
Facilities Planner - Campus Planner
With a staff of 20 architects, interior designers and other construction and administrative professionals, this office provides professional planning and construction management for the campuses and System Administration for all major renovation and construction projects.
These responsibilities range from initial project development through programming, design, construction and commissioning. Working closely with the administration, faculty, staff and students, the System Facilities Planning and Construction Office implements the highest standards in design, particularly focusing on high-performance, efficient, and sustainable facilities.
The University of North Texas is a state employer offering great benefits, including medical, dental, life, retirement, ample paid time off, and great work/life balance.
The System Facilities Planning and Construction department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Campus Planner to join their team.
Position will be based in Denton with travel to component institutions in Dallas and Ft. Worth as necessary.
This position researches, develops, and prepares preliminary and final plans for short- and long-range campus planning projects. This position is responsible for the management of planning projects, including managing studies and projects associated with physical planning and public approvals to support project specific needs. Performs various aspects of campus planning including area plans, land use studies, campus zoning, impact analysis, public/private development, historic preservation, transportation, sustainability/environmental, development controls and demographic and economic studies. Work is performed under the supervision of the Senior Facilities Planner, Planning and Development.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Works with public officials and outside consultants as well as internal and external committees on complex and sensitive planning issues and projects.
* Provides high quality research and analysis, interprets data, and synthesizes conclusions into recommendations.
* Produces clear and concise verbal and written reports and presentations at public forums in conjunction with supervisor. Participates in preparing presentation materials.
* Responsible for developing, managing and updating master plan documents.
* Conducts site analyses; reviews and processes campus plan change requests.
* Interprets planning concepts and provides technical recommendations regarding the development and implementation of planning elements and projects.
* Analyzes development impacts, transportation and campus district planning needs.
* Participates in the development of short- and long-range plans and programs for campus improvement and development.
* Coordinates mapping, siting, and conceptual design activities in conjunction with preparation of specific and long-range development plans.
* Assists in developing and implementing a master plan design review process.
* Verifies that proposed capital projects are in compliance with System Design Standards and Campus Master Plans.
* Participates in planning meetings, workshops, design charrettes and plan review sessions in collaboration with project managers.
* Produces graphics and maps for presentations and a variety of informational handouts.
* Assists in the RFQ and RFP processes for selection and approval of professional service providers.
* Performs other job-related duties as required or assigned by the Senior Facilities Planner.
UNT is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide Equal Employment Opportunities (including provisions for training, development, transfer and promotion) for all individuals without regard to race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, or veteran's status.
Bachelor's degree in Urban Planning, Architecture, or closely related field; five years of progressively relevant planning and/or design experience, or any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education which provides the following knowledge, abilities and skills:
* Knowledge of the principles and practices of campus planning in specific areas such as develop impact analysis, transportation, land use and control and functional planning.
* Knowledge of the principles and practices of urban planning in general areas, such as land use suitability, site analysis and urban design.
* Knowledge of planning and administration, and current developments in campus planning including social and environmental considerations.
* Knowledge of design, cost, schedule and constructability of proposed capital projects.
*Knowledge of local, state, and national building and life safety codes and regulations, or ability to assimilate within three (3) months.
* Ability to research, analyze and develop technical reports and presentations.
* Demonstrated ability to manage multiple assigned projects, client relationships, and organize and prioritize time and resources to meet internal and external deadlines.
* Ability to understand and comply with relevant procedures and regulations.
* Shows initiative and ability to obtain appropriate results with minimum direction.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships in a team environment.
* Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
* Ability to work with computer programs to organize, store, manipulate and retrieve text and data.
* Knowledge of safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed.
* Master's Degree, preferably in Urban Planning or closely related field
* Knowledge of the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board reporting requirements
* LEED AP BD+C accreditation
* Experience related to campus planning, design and construction
* Experience in Higher Education
* Knowledge of AutoCAD, BIM, Photoshop and/or Publisher
* Knowledge in Microsoft Office
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume, a cover letter and a list of three professional references with their online application.
For more information and to apply, visit: https://jobs.unt.edu
UNT is an AA/EOE/ADA.
Copyright ©2013 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://apptrkr.com/424888