Assistant Professor , The School of Hospitality Business Management
Washington State University - College of Business in Washington
|Deadline||February 28, 2014|
|Date Posted||January 2, 2014|
|Type||Tenured, tenure track|
The School of Hospitality Business Management
Washington State University - College of Business
Pullman, Washington Campus
The School of Hospitality Business Management (SHBM) at
Washington State University is seeking qualified applicants for a
full-time, tenure-track teaching position to begin August 16, 2014
at the rank of assistant or associate professor depending on
qualifications with demonstrated research and lodging-industry
Minimum Required Qualifications:
* A Ph.D. in hospitality or closely related field from a nationally or internationally recognized university by employment start date.
* Three (3) years of successful hospitality industry "lodging operations" experience.
* Possess a notable record of teaching, research, and service.
*Teaching expertise in the hospitality lodging industry at the undergraduate level.
* For an associate professor level, a demonstrated record of publications at premier research journals in the field is required.
* Five (5) years of successful hospitality operational experience, preferably in lodging.
In addition, the successful candidate must have proven ability to work effectively in a collegial environment with faculty, staff, and Ph.D. students and with individuals and groups from a variety of identities, cultures, backgrounds, and ideologies.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Teaching four (4) courses undergraduate and/or graduate courses per year (assigned in fall, spring, or summer) in the area of hospitality business management. Courses will be taught face-to-face, online and via streaming. Students may be in Pullman, Vancouver, Everett, Brig, or elsewhere around the globe.
* Conducting scholarly research and producing publications in top-tier hospitality journals.
* Serving on internal committees with other WSU faculty, external teaching partners, regional boards, and community entities.
To apply for this position visit http://www.wsujobs.com.
Submit rêsumê, cover letter, teaching statement, teaching
evaluations, names and contact info for three (3) references,
publication 1 and publication 2. Screening of applications will
begin January 6, 2014. Position closing date is February
For questions about the position contact:
Jim Harbour, Search Committee Chair, (509) 335-5730, firstname.lastname@example.org or Dr. Nancy Swanger, SHBM Director (509) 335-2443, email@example.com
Washington State University is an EEO/AA educator and employer.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://www.wsujobs.com