VICE PRESIDENT FOR STUDENT SUCCESS
Montana State University in Montana
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||December 26, 2013|
"MOUNTAINS AND MINDS"
Situated in Americas Big Sky Country near Yellowstone, Grand Teton, and Glacier National Parks, Montana State University (a Carnegie Research Activity Very High institution) seeks nominations and applications for the position of Vice President for Student Success.
Located in Bozeman, Montana, Montana State University enrolls more than 15,000 students in over 125 programs in the arts, humanities, natural sciences, and social sciences. The University has colleges of Agriculture; Arts & Architecture; Business; Education, Health & Human Development; Engineering; Letters & Science; Nursing, and Gallatin College (2 year Associates degrees and one year professional certificates). In 2012-2013, the University awarded 2,557 degrees including 1,919 Bachelors degrees, 506 Masters degrees and 49 Doctoral degrees.
The mission of Student Success at Montana State is to enhance the learning environment of the University by supporting students in the attainment of their educational objectives; fostering in students a sense of responsibility, self-directedness, community, and a positive identity with the University.
The Division works tirelessly to ensure that Montana State students will thrive in a responsive, friendly environment complete with academic and peer mentoring, caring staff, approachable administration, and an extensive network of student clubs and activities to enrich and advance their personal growth into outstanding citizens.
Under the direction of the President, the Vice President for Student Success will lead the Division of Student Success. The Vice President will provide a vision for Student Success and will enhance student success both inside and outside of the classroom.
Viable candidates for this opportunity will bring:
- At least a Masters Degree, and preferably a terminal degree.
- Demonstrated experience of progressive levels of leadership, responsibility, and expertise in student affairs and success services.
- Demonstrated administrative experience, including planning, resource and personnel management.
- Successful experience in program development (planning, implementing, evaluating and advocating) of a wide range of programs with a student-centered approach.
- Substantial experience, innovation and success with student recruitment and enrollment strategies.
- Demonstrated success creating enhancements to student centered learning and student development.
A more detailed description of MSU, its location, and the position may be found at:
APPLICATIONS AND NOMINATIONS
Applicants must submit a current curriculum vitae and a cover letter to be considered for the position. To ensure full consideration, materials should be received by February 7, 2014. Review of applications and nominations for the position will commence immediately and continue until the position is filled. Submission of materials via email is strongly encouraged. All nominations and applications will be handled in strict confidence. Applications or letters of nomination should be submitted to:
Will Gates, Partner
Storbeck/Pimentel & Associates
1111 Corporate Center Drive, Suite 106
Monterey Park, CA 91754
Refer to code MSU-VPSS in the subject line.
Montana State University is committed to continually supporting, promoting and building an inclusive and culturally diverse campus environment and strongly
encourages applications from female and minority candidates.
Contact Us: firstname.lastname@example.org
How To Apply
It’s easy, fast, and FREE to manage your job search on Vitae.
- Organize all the documents needed to apply for this position in Vitae’s FREE dossier service
- Request letters of recommendation, provide references, and submit applications directly from Vitae
- Manage your job search, whether as a teaching assistant, a tenure-track professor, or a top administrator
To apply without using Vitae
Send all required documents to email@example.com
Already have a Vitae account?
Sign in below to start a new application for this job.