Assistant Professor of Higher Education Administration
George Washington University in District of Columbia
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||December 19, 2013|
|Type||Tenured, tenure track|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
The Graduate School of Education and Human Development seeks candidates for an Assistant Professor of Higher Education Administration (tenure accruing, academic year appointment) beginning August 2014.
Position. The School's Higher Education Administration Program seeks a sixth scholar to join our five full-time faculty in a fast-paced, change oriented and collaborative environment beginning August 2014. Faculty are expected to contribute to the scholarship of higher education and actively help shape the direction of the program including curriculum and assessment initiatives, recruitment of prospective students, advising masters and doctorate students in all stages of their graduate program, and collaborating with local, regional and national partners in extending the experience of students in the program. This position is based at the Foggy Bottom campus in Washington, D.C.
Applicants must have:
- An earned doctorate in higher education administration or related field (i.e. educational policy, curriculum and instruction, and educational leadership) at the time of application;
- Demonstrated record of or potential for scholarly productivity in the field as evidenced by publications or presentations;
- Demonstrated ability or potential to successfully teach graduate level courses evidenced as an instructor of record;
- Experience as a mentor of students from diverse backgrounds and experiences;
- Active participation in scholarly and professional organizations; and,
- A track record of, or potential for, directing or serving on doctoral dissertations.
For the full position description, qualifications and to apply visit: http://www.gwu.jobs/postings/19393
Review of applications will begin January 19, 2014 and will continue until the position is filled. Only complete applications will be considered.
The George Washington University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Members of under-represented groups are encouraged to apply.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://www.gwu.jobs/postings/19393