998029 - Coordinator, Health Care Design Program
Kent State University in Ohio
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||December 19, 2013|
Coordinator, Health Care Design Program
The College of Architecture and Environmental Design (CAED) invites qualified applicants for the position of Coordinator, Health Care Design Program for a newly created degree program in Kent, Ohio beginning in August 2014. The tenure track position will include both teaching and administrative duties.
The Masters in Health Care Design will prepare graduates to provide significant contribution to offices which specialize in providing designs for health care facilities. In addition, it will prepare graduates to serve as administrators with responsibility for health care facilities and related positions in the health care industry. This degree is in addition to the Health Care Certificate currently offered by the College. Students admitted to the program will have accredited degrees in architecture, interior design, engineering, or appropriate backgrounds in building science, construction management, or other fields allied with health care design.
The program will contribute to Kent States CAED through its mission to enhance graduate education. Opportunities will exist for collaborating with new programs in landscape architecture and focused research in environmental design being implemented at the Kent Campus and housed in the new home of the College designed by Weiss/Manfredi and Richard L. Bowen & Assoc., http://www.weissmanfredi.com/project/kent-state-design-loft. For more information on Kent State University, visit http://www.kent.edu/ or the College of Architecture and Environmental Design, visit http://www.kent.edu/caed/.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to guide and direct the new Master in Health Care Design degree program which blends architectural design with health care understanding, developed in collaboration with the fields of Public Health, Nursing, and Medicine. The candidate will teach in their area of expertise, and oversee the development of the program. The successful candidate must be able to communicate effectively across the fields of scholarly inquiry which contribute to health care design, to participate in the scholarly life of the College of Architecture and Environmental Design, and to coordinate the efforts of a supporting faculty belonging to different colleges. Recruitment of students, encouragement of research, and communication with health care design firms, agencies and institutions are key metrics for success.
- Possess a terminal degree in the area of expertise, or the equivalent level of experience.
- Licensure in an appropriate professional field if the terminal degree is at the Masters level.
- Minimum eight (8) years of experience working in health care design as a designer, administrator, or researcher.
- Demonstrated administrative skills and leadership in an academic setting.
- Demonstrated ability to teach effectively within a curriculum which employs Evidence Based Design principles.
- Evidence of professional or scholarly achievement.
- Ph.D. with a significant research record, or a significant record of innovation in health care design.
- Ability and interest to develop and participate in cross-disciplinary research and teaching.
- Ability and interest to seek externally funded research and creative activity.
Appointment, Rank, and Salary:
The position is a nine-month appointment, with stipend for summer, at the rank of Assistant, Associate or Full Professor.
Salary is competitive and negotiable.
Application Deadline and Requirements:
Applications will be considered until the position is filled. Applications must include the following:
- A letter of interest.
- A statement of administrative and academic philosophies.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Name, address, and phone number of at least three references.
- *Portfolio and/or examples of published research or other scholarly work will be required at the second level of review.
Submit all required materials as an on-line application to KSU Human Resources. To complete the process, go to: http:\\jobs.kent.edu (Position #998029) For questions contact: Dr. Elwin Robison, Search Committee Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://jobs.kent.edu