Princeton University in New Jersey
|Date Posted||December 18, 2013|
Licensing Associate,Princeton University, Office of Technology Licensing & Intellectual Property
Princeton University seeks a highly motivated, well-qualified individual to serve as a Licensing Associate in its Office of Technology Licensing & Intellectual Property (OTL). OTL’s primary focus is to provide the highest quality of service to its faculty and students in the patenting and commercialization of technology and science developed at Princeton. Princeton’s research budget exceeds $280MM per year.
- The Licensing Associate will work closely with investigators to solicit invention disclosures.
- Evaluate technologies for patentability and commercialization potential.
- Market technologies to identify potential licensees.
- Work within the OTL to initiate negotiations for licensing/option agreements and other related contracts under the supervision of the OTL Director.
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or the Physical Sciences. An MBA or law degree is desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills needed as well as the ability to interact effectively in both the academic and corporate cultures.
- The ideal candidate must be comfortable with interactions with scientists, research sponsors, industry representatives and patent attorneys.
- The position requires the ability to work both independently and within a team environment as well as under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Experience in drafting and negotiating various agreements involving intellectual property such as Confidentiality Agreements, Materials Transfer Agreements, Sponsored Research Agreements, Option and License agreements.
- The ideal candidate must be a highly self-motivated professional with exceptional sales, marketing and negotiation skills and must be detail oriented and able to simultaneously manage numerous projects.
- Knowledge of intellectual property law and licensing practices desirable.
To apply please visit our careers page:
The final candidate will be required to pass a background check successfully.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and in keeping with our commitment, encourages women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and disabled veterans to apply.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://www.Click2Apply.net/q9hgm4y