997985 - Landscape Architecture Program
Kent State University in Ohio
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||December 18, 2013|
Landscape Architecture Program Director
The College of Architecture and Environmental Design (CAED) invites applications for the position of Director of a newly created landscape architecture degree program in Cleveland, Ohio.
This faculty position will have the opportunity to guide and direct an exciting new program in Landscape Architecture that will focus on the revitalization and design vibrancy of urban and suburban landscapes and infrastructures. The individual will provide vision, leadership and teach in a graduate-level first professional degree and a postprofessional Masters degree in landscape architecture. The candidate will work with faculty, students, and professionals to shape and implement the mission and character of the new program, and will possess the abilities to recruit students and develop supportive relationships with other universities, professionals, and academic and professional organizations. In addition, the Director is expected to teach, produce creative or scholarly work, and engage in service activities.
The ideal candidate will be versed in urban landscape architecture with interdisciplinary aims and match the programs mission of envisioning, planning and addressing the needs and systems associated with urban landscapes. The position and program are poised to take advantage of the significant learning and research opportunities in Cleveland and Northeast Ohio, the assets of the Great Lakes Basin, and the experience of the Cleveland Urban Design Collaborative (CUDC).
The program will join the existing programs in architecture and urban design at the CUDC facilities in Playhouse Square, Cleveland, http://www.cudc.kent.edu/. In addition, the program will contribute to Kent States CAED through its mission to enhance graduate education. Opportunities will exist for collaborating with new programs in healthcare design and focused research in environmental design being implemented at the Kent Campus and housed in the new home of the College designed by Weiss/Manfredi and Richard L. Bowen & Assoc., http://www.weissmanfredi.com/project/kent-state-design-loft. For more on Kent State University visit http://www.kent.edu/ or CAED http://www.kent.edu/caed/
This is a unique opportunity for contributing to the quality of life and vitality of a dynamic regional landscape.
- Possess the MLA or BLA from an LAAB accredited program and an equivalent terminal degree such as the M Arch, MID or MFA.
- Licensure in Landscape Architecture
- Minimum five years experience teaching landscape architecture.
- Demonstrated administrative skills and leadership in an academic setting.
- Demonstrated ability to teach effectively in at least two areas of landscape architecture.
- Evidence of professional, scholarly, or creative achievement
- Demonstrated ability and experience pertaining to urban landscapes and community outreach activities
- Ability and interest to develop and participate in cross-disciplinary endeavors.
- Ph.D. in Landscape Architecture or a closely allied field.
- Ability and interest to seek grant-supported scholarship and creative activity.
Appointment, Rank and Salary: The position is a twelve-month appointment at the rank of Assistant, Associate or Full Professor. Salary is competitive and negotiable. The anticipated starting date is July 1st, 2014.
Application Deadline and Requirements: Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
Applications must include the following:
- A letter of interest.
- A statement of administrative philosophy.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Name, address, and phone number of at least three references.
- *Portfolio and/or examples of scholarly work will be required at the second level of review.
Submit all required materials as an on-line application to KSU Human Resources. To complete the process, go to: http:\\jobs.kent.edu (Position #997985) For questions contact: Dr. Reid Coffman, Search Committee Chair, email@example.com