Recruiting and Placement Coordinator
Purdue University in Indiana
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||December 18, 2013|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
This is an exciting time for the Department of Technology Leadership and Innovation (TLI) at Purdue University. The department has undergone a transformation and is looking to add a recruitment specialist to build student prospects and identify new student markets by locating, establishing, and assisting in developing and implementing recruiting strategies and activities that enhance enrollments. The TLI Recruiting and Placement Coordinator will be an essential element of the administrative team who engages prospective students and provides essential information related to admissions requirements and enrollment processes. The TLI Recruiting and Placement Coordinator will work collaboratively with the department head, faculty, staff, alumni, and current students to attract new students. In addition, this individual will support department initiatives related to recognition and growth and make vital information available to the community through visits and presentations. Duties with also include participating in placement programs and outreach activities.
- Bachelor's degree from a nationally accredited college or university.
- Two years of recruiting and/or sales experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills and the ability to prioritize multiple projects.
- Skills in utilizing social media for working with prospective applicants and accepted students.
- Familiarity with recruitment/admissions data management systems.
- Skills with data collection and reporting and print and electronic media development.
- Excellent organizational, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people and maintain confidentiality.
- Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, and e-mail.
- Skills and abilities to develop recruiting and promotional materials in both print and electronic media.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, planning, problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to develop and implement a student recruitment plan for the TLI
- Department that is grounded in best practices.
- Ability to develop and implement a marketing plan, organize promotional activities, and organize recruiting events on and off campus.
- Skills to build strong relationships with school counselors and teachers and establish a sustained TLI recruiting presence at high schools and community colleges in Indiana and surrounding states.
- Ability to coordinate recruiting and marketing efforts with college and university programs and staff.
- Transportation and a valid driver's license is necessary for employment in this position.
- Ability to be available for some evening and weekend hours.
- Ability to lift and carry 10-25 pounds frequently.
- Master's degree from a nationally accredited college or university.
Some evening and weekend hours will be necessary in this position.
A background check will be required for employment in this position.
FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible For Overtime)
Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contribution Waiting Period.
Purdue University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://purdue.taleo.net/careersection/wl/jobdetail.ftl