Senior Director, Scholarships and Financial Aid
Oklahoma State University in Oklahoma
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||December 18, 2013|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
The Senior Director of Scholarships and Financial Aid serves as the chief financial aid officer for Oklahoma State University. Provides management, direction, and supervision of OSU Scholarships and Financial Aid and is directly responsible for the administration of approximately $317 million annually in federal, state, private, and institutional student financial aid. Reports to the Vice President for Enrollment Management and Marketing, and serves as a member of the leadership team, interacting within the Enrollment Management environment to develop strategies for growth.
- Bachelors degree required (Masters preferred)
- Minimum of five years demonstrated progressive experience in student financial aid administration, to include at least three years at the assistant director or higher level in a higher education institution
- Knowledge of administration of federal financial aid programs, processes, and regulations
- Knowledge and experience with automated systems and data processing; ability to effectively use computer technology in all operations
- Team builder with excellent interpersonal and analytical skills and ability to work effectively with staff, current and prospective students, parents, and constituents
- Outstanding oral, written, interpersonal and presentation communication stills
- Ability to be proactive, innovative, and solutions oriented
- Commitment to a student-centered learning environment and student success
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and direct the university's student financial aid program
- Analyze and communicate the budgetary concerns of the department to those administrative echelons which provide funding of departmental operations
- Supervise the departmental staff and provide leadership in their professional development
- Establish and maintain departmental rapport with on and off campus administrative echelons which have legal, regulatory, financial, or other impacting concerns with the department
- Provide leadership and administrative support of enrollment management
- Apply online at https://jobs.okstate.edu or go to OSU Human Resources, 106 Whitehurst,Stillwater.
- Attach cover letter and resume, including names and contact information for five references.
- For maximum consideration, deadline for receipt of application material is February 21, 2014.
- Position open until filled.
OSU is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/E-verify employer committed to diversity and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. OSU-Stillwater is a tobacco-free campus.