Director of Library Research and Assessment Office
University of North Texas in Texas
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||December 17, 2013|
|Type||Non tenure track|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Director of Library Research and Assessment is responsible for oversight and guidance of research and assessment activities undertaken by our librarians or staff. The UNT Libraries strongly emphasize evidence-based decision-making in our planning, and the individual in this position plays a major role in leading our assessment programs, our growing externally funded research projects, and the education of library professionals in research protocols. Reporting to the Associate Dean of Libraries, in consultation with the Dean of Libraries, this position works with library faculty and staff to lead, advise, and provide oversight with research methods, data gathering and analysis, preparation of grant proposals, and management and reporting for grant funded projects.
SPECIFIC POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
The Director of Library Research and Assessment will provide the following services for the library faculty and staff:
- Administer, manage, and analyze data from standard library assessment tools such as LibQUALTM or the Survey of Employee Engagement (SEE).
- Chair the Assessment Working Group to oversee library assessment projects.
- Serve as a teacher, mentor, and consultant for library faculty and staff related to applied research.
- Identify potential funding sources based on project ideas.
- Provide grant writing assistance by editing and advising on proposals.
- Oversee the identification of appropriate research methods for projects and assessment activities.
- Advise and assist with Internal Review Board (IRB) applications required for human subjects research.
- Actively develop and promote partnership building within and externally to the university.
- Education and Experience: a doctorate and a minimum of 3 years relevant professional experience with applied research and assessment.
- Strong research methods and analytical skills including: statistical methods, demonstrated experience with statistical analysis and statistical software packages, qualitative research methods, and outcome identification.
- Demonstrated clear understanding of the distinctions between outcomes and outputs in academic assessments.
- Research skills and experience that include survey design, assessment/evaluation, interview techniques, group facilitation (focus groups), and questionnaire construction.
- Demonstrated knowledge of assessment in higher education trends, systems, reporting requirements, accreditation, etc.
Successful experience writing, receiving, managing and completing grant funded projects, preferably from multiple funding sources. Experience with supervising graduate or undergraduate students or other staff or researchers.
SALARY/RANK: Salary commensurate with rank and experience.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Submit online application to the following URL: https://facultyjobs.unt.edu.
UNT is an AA/ADA/EOE.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at https://facultyjobs.unt.edu