Central Lakes College in Minnesota
|Date Posted||December 16, 2013|
Central Lakes College invites applications and nominations for Academic Dean. The college serves more than 4000 students annually and offers liberal arts transfer education along with more than 60 career programs. The well-equipped, modern campuses in Brainerd and Staples attract quality faculty, staff and students. The College is a member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System.
About the Area: Central Lakes College is located in the heart of Minnesota's "land of 10,000 lakes." The lakes area is rich with crystal-clear lakes and bountiful pine forests and is considered by many to be the premier recreational area of the Midwest. The area is known for its world-class resorts/ conference centers, golf courses, fishing, snowmobiling, bike trails, and is just 2 hours north of the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul.
Responsibilities: The Academic Dean reports to the Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs and provides leadership, planning, coordination and management related to liberal arts education and other instructional programs. Duties include supervising staff and managing instructional divisions, development of educational programs and promoting a positive environment for teaching and learning. The Academic Dean maintains productive relationships with all segments of education, the community, legislators, and other state agencies.
* Two years experience supervising liberal arts programs and/or faculty in a postsecondary institution (community college experience preferred);
* Two years of teaching experience (higher education preferred); and
* Master's degree required (doctorate preferred).
Knowledge and Experience:
* Knowledge and experience with policies and practices relating to excellence in teaching, curriculum development, instructional program planning and innovation, budgeting, development, assessment, articulation/transfer agreements, faculty evaluation, data-based decision making, staff development, distance and on-line education, course and faculty scheduling, catalog and other instructional publications.
* Knowledge and ability in the development, support and use of technology to promote instructional goals.
* Effective interpersonal skills and responsive decision making as a leader and manager.
* Creating collaborative relationships, partnerships, and operating as an effective team member.
* Leadership behaviors that have demonstrated support for academic freedom, shared governance, inclusion and participation in decision-making and equitable treatment of employees.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills that include the ability to write and analyze policies and procedures.
* Demonstrated ability and commitment to a positive, respectful, and culturally diverse work environment.
Application Information: Apply online at http://www.clcmn.edu/hr/clcemployment.html by January 31, 2014. Click on the Academic and Administrator Jobs link to apply. You must apply online and attach an electronic resume and a copy of your transcript(s) to your online application in order to be considered for this position. Paper applications and resumes will not be considered.
* Employment for this position is covered by the MnSCU Administrators plan which can be found at: http://www.hr.mnscu.edu/Cabinet_Executive_Se/documents/AdminPlanNonLeg.pdf
* Learn more about CLC by visiting our website at www.clcmn.edu
Notice of Vacancy: It is the policy of Central Lakes College to ensure that the selection for this position is accessible to all candidates. Requests for reasonable accommodation of a disability during the application and/or interview process should be made to the Director of Human Resources, 218-855-8054 or for Hard of Hearing and Deaf users call Minnesota Relay 7-1-1 or 1-800-627-3529. This Vacancy Notice is available in alternative format upon request.
In accordance with INS regulations, successful applicants must be legally able to accept work in the United States.
Noitce: In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU's vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
501 West College Drive,
Brainerd, MN 56401 . (218) 855-8000 . FAX: (218) 855-8057 . MN
Relay Service:1-800-627-3529 1830 Airport Road, Staples, MN 56479 .
(218) 894-5100 . FAX:
Women, minorities, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://www.clcmn.edu/hr/clcemployment.html