Purdue University Calumet in Indiana
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||December 16, 2013|
Provides overall leadership for operations, budget, personnel, policy, data processing, and integrity as well as computing activities for the Office of the Registrar and Registrarial services provided to students campus wide. Serves as a member of the Enrollment Management Team. Responsible for guiding the Office of the Registrar with a clear vision and measurable outcomes as it strives to meet strategic goals for its unit and for the University. Represents Purdue University Calumet on various University-wide committees such as the Purdue Registrar's team. Serves as ex-officio member of the Curriculum and Education Policy committee of the University Senate. Reporting directly to the Assistant Vice Chancellor for Enrollment Management, works closely with all enrollment management offices on recruitment, enrollment, and retention initiatives. Works with Director of Admissions and Director of Financial Aid and Student Accounts to monitor, enhance, and ensure the high quality of the services in the Enrollment Services Center.
- Masters Degree
- Five plus years of progressively responsible management experience directly related to Registrar services
- Must have demonstrated supervisory experience
- Strong technical skills in student information systems
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to demonstrate the following: a high degree of professionalism, strong communication skills, attention to detail, strong customer service skills
- Ability to interpret and apply Purdue University and State of Indiana regulations that apply to institutions of higher education
- Must have operational knowledge of registrar functions and enrollment services areas
- Must be able to work independently in a fast-paced environment and lead the Registrar employees toward meeting strategic goals in their area, the Enrollment Management area, and the strategic plan of the University
- Must have strong management skills and the ability to motivate staff through change management initiatives
- Must have broad understanding of the Registrar Office functions and their role in strategic planning initiatives
- Extensive knowledge of Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and related issues in higher education related to student privacy and educational records
- Demonstrated ability to impact collaboration across campus with various groups such as students, faculty, administrators, academic advisors, and enterprise system developers
- Must have high level of integrity and strong work ethic
- Eight or more years of experience in progressively responsible management experience directly related to registrar services
- Banner Student Information System and/ or DegreeWorks skills
APPLY ONLINE AT: www.purduecal.edu/hr/employment
Check out our excellent benefits package at: www.purdue.edu/benefits
FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible For Overtime)
Retirement Eligibility: Fidelity Contribution Immediately
Offer of employment will be made contingent upon the results of the background check and motor vehicle records check.
Review of online applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Purdue University Calumet is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://www.purduecal.edu/hr/employment