Learning and Technology Specialist/ Academic Professional/Senior Academic Professional
Georgia Institute of Technology in Georgia
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||December 12, 2013|
|Type||Non tenure track|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
Our mission is to enhance teaching and learning, and we're looking for someone who's passionate about designing engaging learning experiences as well as the role technology can play in changing the game.
The ideal candidate will help CETL lead Georgia Tech in exploring and experimenting with educational technology, and will serve as a resource for faculty who want to use new tools and methods to improve learning in their courses. A successful candidate will be a superb communicator and able to converse fluently with subject matter experts in diverse disciplines.
Responsibilities will include:
- Explore, research, evaluate, and advise on new and emerging technologies based on potential to improve and/or evaluate student learning.
- Serve as a consultant to faculty (especially STEM faculty), helping to discover ways to improve and evaluate student learning, and employ technology effectively.
- Design, conduct, evaluate, and improve professional development workshops and cohort programs for faculty interested in improving learning and designing and teaching effective technology-enhanced and hybrid/blended courses.
- Create and/or adapt professional development materials and resources (e.g. self-paced online modules) to provide hybrid and online professional development resources for faculty.
- Expand the campus and web presence of CETL, including the main web site, blogging and social media.
- Conduct and contribute to research studies evaluating the use of education technologies or other educational innovations and their impact on student learning outcomes.
- Supervise an Instructional Technology specialist and provide leadership for CETL in the area of facilitating improved student learning through the appropriate use of educational technology
- Work closely with the other units in Learning Excellence: the Offices of Educational Technology and Assessment
The minimum educational requirement for this position is a doctoral degree in a STEM field, education, educational technology, instructional design, or any field represented at Georgia Tech. Candidates must either have completed the doctorate or be within 6 months of completion at the time of hiring. This position includes the opportunity to teach courses as credentials, time and opportunity permit.
Salary will be commensurate with degrees earned and prior experience.
The Georgia Institute of Technology is one of the nation's top research universities, distinguished by its commitment to improving the human condition through advanced science and technology. Georgia Tech's campus occupies 400 acres in the heart of the city of Atlanta, where more than 20,000 undergraduate and graduate students receive a focused, technologically based education. The Institute offers many nationally recognized, top-ranked programs. Undergraduate and graduate degrees are offered in the Colleges of Architecture, Engineering, Sciences, Computing, the Scheller College of Business, and the Ivan Allen College of Liberal Arts. Georgia Tech consistently ranks among TU.S. News & World Reports top ten public universities in the United States. In a world that increasingly turns to technology for solutions, Georgia Tech is using innovative teaching and advanced research to define the technological university of the 21st century.
The Center for the Enhancement of Teaching and Learning (CETL) is an institute-wide unit which services all disciplines. The goal of CETL is to enhance the teaching and learning standard of excellence by fostering, recognizing and rewarding a community of unparalleled teachers and learners through our commitment to faculty development, assessment, and support.
The person who fills this position will be a member of the CETL and Learning Excellence teams - involved in all existing programs, and will collaborate with the appropriate people on campus.
Georgia Tech offers an outstanding benefits package that includes 21 vacation days and 12 paid institutional holidays each year along with several group insurance and tax deferred programs.
Please forward a letter of application, resume/vita, along with names and email address for four references all combined in ONE file (MS Word or Adobe PDF)
to: Preeti Sagar at firstname.lastname@example.org
Review of candidates will begin immediately and will proceed until the position is filled.
AN EQUAL EDUCATION/EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY INSTITUTION
How To Apply
It’s easy, fast, and FREE to manage your job search on Vitae.
- Organize all the documents needed to apply for this position in Vitae’s FREE dossier service
- Request letters of recommendation, provide references, and submit applications directly from Vitae
- Manage your job search, whether as a teaching assistant, a tenure-track professor, or a top administrator
To apply without using Vitae
Send all required documents to email@example.com
Already have a Vitae account?
Sign in below to start a new application for this job.