Director of the Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Utica College in New York
|Date Posted||December 11, 2013|
|Type||Non tenure track|
The Director of the Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program will serve as the program administrator and participate in development, implementation and revision of online, clinical and laboratory curriculum. This position will serve as the academic liaison ensuring high quality course delivery and consistency across multiple sites. This position will work closely with key stakeholders in developing and communicating operational plans across multiple sites.
A. Translates the curriculum across settings to maintain academic integrity, program outcomes and student success.
B. Coordinates all course offerings to assure efficient and effective management, implementation, and consistent delivery of the approved curriculum across sites.
C. Collaborates with the Vice President of External Programs and Partnerships, Chair of Nursing, college departments and external partner to develop, revise, and communicate process and procedures to internal and external stakeholders.
D. Effectively represents the program to internal and external constituencies. Serves as the media expert attending and participating in events to promote the ASDN program.
E. Collaborates with the Site Directors on student orientation, course registration, career counseling, co-curricular activities, academic progress, and degree completion requirements.
F. Serves as liaison with the Chair of Nursing, Site Directors, faculty, students, and health partners.
G. Manages program budgets and participates in development of annual budget projections for subsequent fiscal years. Identifies opportunities for intra- and extramural funding and participates in grant writing as appropriate.
H. Projects staffing needs. Recruits, interviews and recommends qualified candidates. Supervises staff/faculty orientation. Performs formative and summative evaluations of faculty and staff.
I. Participates in program evaluation and strategic planning. Assists in the process of compiling program data for accreditation and other external constituents.
J. Collaborates with Director of Online Admissions and recruiters in Admissions processes.
K. Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Masters in Nursing from an accredited program, doctoral preparation preferred.
- Eligible for NYS License and agree to secure license within six months of employment.
- Earned Doctorate in Nursing or related field.
- Experience in nursing administration essential.
- Minimum 5 years teaching experience in Nursing.
- Minimum 3 years clinical experience in Nursing.
- Exceptional leadership skills, with a commitment to high professional standards, that inspires innovation in nursing education.
- Experienced nursing educator with expertise in professional development and strategic planning.
- Excellence in teamwork, communication and organizational skills.
- Sound clinical background, analytical ability and administrative focus are required.
- High level of proficiency in technology as a teaching/learning tool in nursing education.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://www.Click2Apply.net/zng4ths