Enrollment Specialist- John Jay Online Enrollment Services
CUNY John Jay in New York
|Date Posted||December 10, 2013|
|Type||Tenured, tenure track|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
Enrollment Management Specialist-Jay Express Services
Job ID: 9557
Job Title Name: Enrollment Specialist
Contract Title: Higher Education Assistant
Position Type: Regular/Full-Time
Closing Date: January 4, 2014
Compensation: $42,873 - $46,302
College website: www.jjay.cuny.edu
- Administers enrollment processes and related functions.
- Collaborates with management team in the development of admission and enrollment goals, strategies, and initiatives; participates in planning enrollment events.
- Analyzes and interprets quantitative and qualitative student enrollment data to prepare reports for management.
- Recommends and implements improvements to existing technical systems and office operations.
- Serves as resource reference to interpret and comply with University and College enrollment policies.
- Prepares and reviews student communication materials.
- May coordinate aspects of student entry from point of allocation to include orientation, advisement, and collection of admitted student documents.
- May supervise office operations and/or department budget
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Higher Education Assistant
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
John Jay College of Criminal Justice is seeking a dynamic professional to serve as a Specialist in Enrollment Management Services within their consolidated services area called Jay Express Services and Enrollment Management (EM)CallCenter. The Jay Express Services area and the EM Call Center are the customer services area representing the Offices of the Registrar, Financial Aid, Testing, Admissions (Graduate and Undergraduate), some Bursar transactions and much more. The Jay Express is a fast paced, high volume office that provides friendly, quality, and accurate in person information to students, faculty, staff and the community in general. TheEnrollmentManagementCallCenteris an extension of theJayExpressServicesCenterand provides assistance to students via the phone or through email. The offices are staffed by cross trained Enrollment Specialists, who in keeping with the department's mission strive to provide consistent high quality services that are efficient and student centered.
The Enrollment Management Specialist reports directly to the Associate Director of Enrollment Management Services, In addition to the general duties, the Enrollment Management Specialist will:
- Prepare, revise, and schedule financial literacy presentations.
- Work with department chairs, faculty and directors to build partnerships in order to facilitate classroom time for literacy workshops.
- Book rooms and market literacy workshops to students, staff, faculty and the community in general.
- Assess literacy program on a continuous basis by tracking and analyzing data.
- Supervise and train Federal Work Study staff (ranges between 15- 20 students per academic year) including evaluating job performance and monitoring time.
- Prepare orientation packets and semester reporting schedule.
- Supervise the Jay Express reception desk ensuring coverage during business hours.
- Train staff on policies and procedures in order to assist students ensuring quality customer service is provided.
- Confirm data is collected accurately; produce reports and analyze data.
- Serve as subject matter expert on document imaging, responsible for trouble shooting issues with the Central Office.
- Create a rotation schedule for staff to image processed documents on a month to month basis.
- Spot check imaged documents for quality control.
- Ensure validated documents get shredded appropriately.
- Provide monthly report on productivity.
- Contribute on establishing benchmarks and goals for office annual assessment plan and strategic initiatives.
- Assist in the operations of the Jay Express Counter andEnrollmentManagementCallCenter, and in the coordination of Super One Stop as needed.
Some evening and weekend work required.
John Jay College of Criminal Justice, a senior college of the City University of New York (CUNY), is an internationally recognized leader in educating for justice, committed to the advancement of justice and just societies. It is a public liberal arts college that enriches the entire learning experience by highlighting themes of justice across the arts, sciences, humanities, and social sciences. Located steps from Lincoln Center at the cultural heart of New York City, the College offers bachelors and masters degrees and participates in the doctoral programs of the Graduate Center of the City University of New York.JohnJayCollegeis also recognized for serving a broadly diverse student population. Under the leadership of its fourth president, Jeremy Travis, John Jay College has experienced unprecedented faculty hiring, an expansion of its curricular offerings, and the opening in 2011 of a new 600,000 square foot building complete with a black-box theatre, state-of-the-art lab space for students and faculty, a moot courtroom, and a variety of virtual learning settings.
Bachelor's Degree and four years' related experience required.
The successful candidate should have strong time management skills customer-service orientation with a focus on excellence, strong computer skills, excellent communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively.
$42,873 - $46,302
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and to apply please visit: www.jjay.cuny.edu/jobs. Once you have registered or logged in with your user name and password, upload your cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information of three professional references as one document.
January 4, 2014
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://cuny.edu