Dean of the School of Nursing
University of West Georgia in Georgia
|Deadline||February 28, 2013|
|Date Posted||December 9, 2013|
|Type||Tenured, tenure track|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
University of West Georgia
Dean of the School of Nursing
The University of West Georgia, named by The Princeton Review as one of the Best Southeastern Colleges and one of Americas Best Value Colleges, seeks an innovative leader and visionary committed to caring science and who will embody and continue the mission, vision and philosophy of the School of Nursing. The School of Nursing offers the following programs: traditional BSN, RN-BSN, MSN (including CNL), and EdD.
The full advertisement for the Tanner Health System School of Nursing Deans position can be viewed at http://nursing.westga.edu/index_9.php .
The University of West Georgia invites applicants and nominations for the position of Dean of the School of Nursing. The School of Nursing exemplifies academic excellence in a caring environment by providing quality undergraduate and graduate education to meet current and evolving health care needs within the global community. The Dean will guide the School of Nursing in continuing its leadership in the scholarship of teaching and learning through the empowerment of graduates and colleagues who exhibit the ability and courage to create quality caring in health care and educational systems.
The Dean serves as the chief operating and academic officer for the school and reports to the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs. The Dean travels between campuses to administer the School of Nursings educational programs and research activities and supports the caring community of nursing students, staff, and faculty.
The candidate selected as Dean of the School of Nursing will work with faculty and university administrators to address a broad array of opportunities for the organization, including seeking additional funding for enhancing undergraduate, graduate, and faculty research; and for marketing the School of Nursing programs to raise the profile of the School.
- An earned doctorate in Nursing or related field
- An earned Masters degree in Nursing
- A current RN license, with eligibility for licensure in Georgia
- An academic record of teaching, scholarship, and service commensurate with the rank of Professor
- Minimum of 5 years of full-time college/university experience at the level of Associate Professor, along with a strong record of research evidenced through publications and presentations in professional venues
- Minimum of 5 years of full-time college/university experience in an administrative position
- Commitment to excellence in teaching, scholarship, and service consistent with the mission of the School of Nursing and the University of West Georgia
- Demonstrated ability to articulate and implement a shared vision
- Ability to work in a diverse academic and professional community
- Ability to cultivate and maintain a positive work environment in the School of Nursing and University setting
- Experience with responsible budget management
- Experience with accreditation for Nursing programs
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to foster collaborative academic and community partnerships and interdisciplinary engagement
- Ability to assess institutional effectiveness and lead a cycle of continuous improvement informed by data driven decision making
- Experience in and record of funded research as principal investigator or project director and in fundraising for gifts and endowments.
Applicants should submit the following materials electronically at
Review of applications will begin immediately. The position will remain open until filled.
The University of West Georgia is an equal opportunity employer. Please be advised that should you be recommended for a position, University System of Georgia Board of Regents policy requires the completion of a background check as a prior condition of employment.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at https://jobs.westga.edu/applicants/jsp/shared/Welcome_css.jsp