Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs & Director of the Online Learning Center
Webster University in Missouri
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||December 9, 2013|
Webster University seeks an experienced leader and administrator for this position in the Office of the Provost. The Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs, Director of the Online Learning Center will provide leadership and strategic direction for the development, marketing, recruitment, implementation, and evaluation of online offerings for Webster University. Webster University is the only Tier 1, private, non-profit U.S.-based University providing a network of international residential campuses. Founded in 1915, Webster Universitys campus network of 21,000 students includes metropolitan, military, and corporate locations around the world, as well as traditional residential campuses in Asia, Europe, and North America.
Webster University has a long and strong history of providing quality education online. Started in 1999, our online offerings have grown to serve students around the world. The Associate Vice President will maintain the quality of Websters online programs while enhancing student services and expanding offerings and enrollments. He/she reports to the Provost and works closely with the Deans of the schools and colleges, the leadership of the Division of Enrollment Management and Admissions, and the Associate Vice Presidents for Academic Affairs, who provide leadership for the extended domestic and international campuses.
As Associate Vice President:
- Active member of Provosts leadership team; provides Provost and University leadership with information on new developments, trends, and contingencies.
- Provides input to and participates in University strategic planning and directly responsible for leading strategic planning for online programs.
- Develops effective strategies for creating new programs and revenue opportunities, while continuing the Universitys commitment to high educational quality.
- Collaborates with academic deans and university leadership to develop and coordinate long-range plans for online learning.
- Working with the Offices of the Provost and Academic Affairs, ensures compliance with all Higher Learning Commission and State reporting and licensure requirements.
- Works collaboratively across the University on matters pertaining to finance, human resources, facilities, information technology, risk management, and business services.
- Manages comprehensive online learning initiatives including system-wide initiatives and strategic alliances/partnerships.
- Fosters a sense of mission and teamwork throughout the University community.
As Director of Online Learning Center:
- Leads the Universitys online and distance education community in the review, updating, and implementation of strategic and operational plans in alignment with University mission and goals.
- Provides direction to, supervises, and evaluates instructional technology and online learning staff of eighteen.
- Oversees the development, maintenance, and implementation of all online learning related policies and procedures ensuring compliance.
- Works with faculty to explore and develop new online offerings (graduate, undergraduate, other).
- In collaboration with the Universitys Global Marketing and Communications department, directs marketing efforts, prepares program marketing materials (including online materials), and identifies critical marketing populations and initiatives.
- Conducts research and assessment to identify instructional technology solutions to support the Universitys strategic plans; manages the software and hardware resources supporting online learning.
- Supervises the training of faculty on the use of tools and methodology for the delivery of online learning content and courses.
- Develops and manages online learning budget in concert with the Office of the Provost; ensures sound financial results through effective enrollment management, fiscal planning, and establishment of clear financial goals.
- Lead and work collaboratively with University staff and faculty to create a supportive and effective team in the Online Learning Center.
- Advocate for and support student access, needs and goals.
- Ph.D. or terminal degree preferred. Masters Degree required.
- Minimum three years of successful online management and leadership experience in higher education.
- Comprehensive knowledge of university administration, policies and procedures.
- Strong knowledge of the principles and practices of budgeting in an academic environment.
- Experience supervising professional personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to implement quality interactive, technology assisted learning environments.
- Ability to define technology needs to support distributed learning options.
- Demonstrated ability to train faculty in the most effective practices related to course delivery.
- Familiarity with trends in interactive multi-media development and use.
- Above average communication and interpersonal skills demonstrated in a diverse community.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Priority consideration will be given to candidates who apply by January 6, 2014.
Applicants should forward: (1) a letter of interest which addresses the identified qualifications, (2) an expanded resume or curriculum vitae, and (3) names and contact information for three references.
Please send application materials electronically, with subject line: AVP for Academic Affairs, Director of Online Learning Center to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls, please.
Webster University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action educator and employer. We are committed to maintaining a culturally and academically diverse staff of the highest caliber. We strongly encourage applications from those who identify as diverse in terms of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, and/or veteran status.
How To Apply
It’s easy, fast, and FREE to manage your job search on Vitae.
- Organize all the documents needed to apply for this position in Vitae’s FREE dossier service
- Request letters of recommendation, provide references, and submit applications directly from Vitae
- Manage your job search, whether as a teaching assistant, a tenure-track professor, or a top administrator
To apply without using Vitae
Send all required documents to email@example.com
Already have a Vitae account?
Sign in below to start a new application for this job.