Postdoctoral Fellowship in Black Performing Arts
Northwestern University in Illinois
|Deadline||January 06, 2014|
|Date Posted||December 4, 2013|
The Department of Performance Studies in the School of Communication at NORTHWESTERN UNIVERSITY invites applications for a one year Postdoctoral Fellowship in the Black Performing Arts. PhD must be completed by September 1, 2014. Recent Ph.D.s (degree granted during or after 2010) with a research focus on, or who do creative scholarship within black performance (broadly defined), are encouraged to apply.
This fellowship is residential and provides a competitive stipend and benefits, a visiting appointment in the Department of Performance Studies, and includes teaching one class in the Department and a scholarly or creative presentation of the research, as well as participation in the intellectual life of the Black Arts Initiative, the Department and the University.
Applicants should submit one copy of:
1) a current curriculum vitae,
2) a letter of application detailing the research project to be undertaken during the fellowship year,
3) a sample of scholarly writing,
4) evidence relating to the quality of teaching (syllabi and teaching evaluations),
5) three letters of recommendation (including one letter from the dissertation advisor)
Applications must be postmarked no later than January 6,2014. Mail applications to:
Black Performing Arts Postdoctoral Fellowship
Department of Performance Studies
1920 Campus Drive
Evanston, IL 60208
Northwestern University is an EEO/AA employer.