Vice President of Financial Planning
Case Western Reserve University in Ohio
|Date Posted||December 9, 2013|
Vice President of Financial Planning
Case Western Reserve University is seeking a Vice President of
Financial Planning reporting to the university's Chief Financial
Officer and is responsible for:
* Primary financial support for the President's and Provost's offices
* The operation of the university Office of Budget and Financial Planning
* Manage a multi-year university financial planning process which supports the development of the annual operating and capital budgets
* Financial management leadership in the areas of forecasting, budget compliance and control
* Working in collaboration with the VP for University Planning and IR on the budgets/plans of the academic and administrative units reporting to the Provost to make sure they are aligned with the university's strategic plan and annual action agendas
The Vice President serves as a senior advisor to the Chief Financial Officer.
The Vice President must have an understanding of the many complex issues facing a private research university.
The Vice President must be a team player capable of building partnerships with both administrative and academic units.
The ideal candidate will hold an MBA or Master's degree in related field; CPA preferred. A minimum of 15 years or more of progressively responsible administrative/financial planning experience (higher education strongly preferred, multiple-division organization preferred). 15 years progressive experience in building an advanced Decision Support System and related financial planning strategies.
5 years of experience in staffing Board committees including presenting Board-level reports, recommendations and leading discussion at a Finance Committee. Financial experience at a management level in the areas of treasury, investments, asset allocation, general accounting, controllership, internal audit, risk management, not-for-profit tax, federal research, indirect cost rate setting, fringe benefits (e.g. healthcare insurance and pension plans).
Position involves a great deal of challenge given the size of the operation, the number and diversity of areas, and the multi-executive service reporting requirement.
The Vice President must possess a strong background in
financial, accounting and planning systems and operations of large
multi-divisional academic organizations preferably with
decentralized management of similar size ($1 billion operating
expense, $3 billion balance sheet). The Vice President must
* Proven administrative and strategic planning skills.
* Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
* Distinctively competent in GAAP, corporate consolidations and corporate reporting packages.
* Demonstrated management in the use of financial ERP software specifically Decision Support Systems (DSS).
* Ability to work collaboratively in a decentralized, diverse environment.
* Strong interpersonal skills - team building, mentoring and change management skills essential.
* Ability to delegate.
* Demonstrated ability in re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
* Demonstrated ability to set the standards for leadership and service in a complex organization.
Case Western Reserve University offers a competitive salary and
benefits package including tuition waiver for employees and
dependents. Interested applicants should visit jobs.case.edu for job#3806 to
view the full job description and submit an online
In employment, as in education, Case Western Reserve University is committed to Equal Opportunity and Diversity. Women, veterans, members of underrepresented minority groups, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://jobs.case.edu