Finance & Administration, Director
Yale University in Connecticut
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||December 2, 2013|
Yale University offers exciting opportunities for achievement and growth in New Haven, Connecticut. Conveniently located between Boston and New York, New Haven is the creative capital of Connecticut with cultural resources that include three major museums, a critically-acclaimed repertory theater, state-of-the-art concert hall, and world-renowned schools of Architecture, Art, Drama, and Music.
Strategic administrative partner to 2013 Nobel Laureate in Physiology & Medicine, Dr. James Rothman. Responsible for all financial, research administration, personnel, space, and research infrastructure for a stellar Department of Cell Biology at Yale School of Medicine. Reporting formally to the Chair of the Department of Cell Biology and to the Deputy Dean, Yale School of Medicine (YSM) Finance and Administration, the Director of Finance and Administration for the Department of Cell Biology manages an annual operating budget of approximately $21 million, including $13 million in grant and contract expenses; business operations and controls, grant and sponsored agreements, 150 non-faculty personnel staff, etc.
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree and ten years progressively responsible experience 5 of which are in a leadership role; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated fiscal responsibility and comprehensive knowledge of accounting, financial reporting and analysis.
- Demonstrated experience with complex strategic planning and resource allocation.
- Demonstrated experience in managing relationships and influencing outcomes.
- Demonstrated creativity and effectiveness in a complex organization; Demonstrated success in developing people and organizations.
- Demonstrated leadership experience involving a high level of decision-making, planning, organizational, problem-resolution and leadership skills.
- Proven ability to negotiate skillfully with both internal and external constituents.
- Ability to anticipate changes in the business environment and effectively manage change.
- Solid understanding of internal control concepts and the implementation of internal control systems in a complex business environment.
- Preferred: Master's Degree in a related field.
Application: For more information and immediate consideration, please apply online at www.Yale.edu/jobs - the STARS req ID for this position is 23609BR. Please be sure to reference this website when applying for this position.
We invite you to discover the excitement, diversity, rewards and excellence of a career at Yale University. One of the country's great workplaces, Yale University offers exciting opportunities for meaningful accomplishment and true growth. Our benefits package is among the best anywhere, with a wide variety of insurance choices, liberal paid time off, fantastic family and educational benefits, a variety of retirement benefits, extensive recreational facilities, and much more.
Yale University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Yale values diversity in its faculty, staff, and students and strongly encourages applications from women and members of underrepresented minority groups.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://www.yale.edu/jobs