Associate/Full Professor Professor of Health Education and Promotion
Kent State University in Ohio
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||November 17, 2013|
|Type||Tenured, tenure track|
The Health Education and Promotion Program at Kent State University is seeking applicants for a 9-month, full time, tenure-track position in School Health Education at the Associate/Full Professor rank in the School of Health Sciences. The program offers degrees at the bachelors (community and school), masters and doctoral levels.
The successful candidate will:
- possess an earned doctorate in health education with an emphasis in school health education
- have an established record of scholarship in the field of school health education with the ability to conduct independent research
- have past involvement and/or knowledge of NCATE accreditation
- possess experience teaching courses in school health education at the undergraduate, master or doctoral levels
- have experience supervising and mentoring undergraduate students and graduate students.
Position responsibilities include research productivity; teaching professional and service courses in health education and promotion; participation in committee and program assignments including administrative, supervisory and other functions; service to the profession, university, and program; and mentoring and advising students.
To apply for this position, visit our jobsite at https://jobs.kent.edu and complete an academic data form for position number 998449. Please attach to the academic data form a cover letter and curriculum vitae. In addition, please submit copies of academic transcripts, three (3) letters of reference and permission to contact the references to:
Dr. Renee Axiotis
Search Committee Chair
Health Education and Promotion
Kent State University
P.O. Box 5190
Kent, OH 44242-0001
Applications will be reviewed beginning December 1, 2013, until the position is filled.
Kent State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at https://jobs.kent.edu