Associate Director, Enrollment Management- Jay Express Services
CUNY John Jay College in New York
|Date Posted||November 12, 2013|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
Associate Director, Enrollment Management- Jay Express Services
Job ID: 9556
Job Title Name: Enrollment Manager
Contract Title: Higher Education Associate
Position Type: Regular/Full-Time
Closing Date: December 11, 2013
Compensation: $55,602 - $76,689
College website: http://www.jjay.cuny.edu
- Manages a College Enrollment function or unit.
- Oversees daily office activities and staff development to ensure efficient and effective enrollment operations
- Assists senior management in developing plans, implementing initiatives and assessing performance
- Recommends and implements improvements to schedules, policies and procedures to advance unit effectiveness
- Serves as resource expert on enrollment practices to resolve complex student issues, and assists students with special circumstances in receiving support
- Plans and executes workshops, orientation sessions, and events to acquaint students with enrollment processes
- Reviews and approves content for print and on-line enrollment materials
- Prepares analytical and statistical reports for management
- May manage professional and/or clerical staff as well as department budget
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Higher Education Associate
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
John Jay College of Criminal Justice is seeking a highly dynamic professional to serve as the Associate Director of Enrollment Management Services within their consolidated services area called Jay Express Services and Enrollment Management (EM) Call Center. The Jay Express Services area and the EM Call Center are the customer services area representing the Offices of the Registrar, Financial Aid, Testing, Admissions (Graduate and Undergraduate), some Bursar transactions, and much more. The Jay Express is a fast paced, high volume office that provides friendly, quality, and accurate in person information to students, faculty, staff, and the community in general. The Enrollment Management Call Center is an extension of the Jay Express Services Center and provides assistance to students via the phone or through email. The offices are staffed by cross trained Enrollment Specialists, who in keeping with the department's mission; strive to provide consistent high quality services that are efficient and student centered. Reporting directly to the Director of Enrollment Management Services, in addition to the general duties, the successful candidate will:
- Assist in the supervision of Jay Express Services and Enrollment Management (EM) Call Center which consists of 10 full-time and 8 part-time staff.
- Coordinate and approve annual leave and work schedules for all HEO staff.
- Prepare training materials based on industry best practices for professional development of staff.
- Liaison and troubleshoot with faculty, administration, and cross divisional staff.
- In collaboration with the Director, assist in the development of the policy and procedural manual for Jay Express Services operation.
- Research technology and it's applications to Jay Express / ONE STOP model.
- Update and maintain Jay Stop web site information and materials.
- Attend meetings and serve on campus committees.
- Review intake of work from the Jay Express Services Counter.
- Monitor and evaluate EM Call Center services.
- Supervise Financial Literacy program.
- Oversee and provide quality control of document imaging station and staff.
- Assist in establishing benchmarks and performance indicators for Jay Express Services and EM Call Center for yearly assessment report and strategic plan.
- Serve as point person for CRM office technology (NEMO-Q and Interactive Intelligence products).
- Prepare analytical and statistical reports for Jay Express Services, EM Call Center, Document Imaging, Financial Literacy program, and customer satisfaction based on data from office CRM products, Google Analytics, and surveys.
- Ensure compliance with college and federal Title IV Financial Aid regulations as well as state aid regulations and policies.
- Serve as project lead on the digitizing of forms for Enrollment Management.
Some evening and weekend work required. John Jay College of Criminal Justice, a senior college of the City University of New York (CUNY), is an internationally recognized leader in educating for justice, committed to the advancement of justice and just societies. It is a public liberal arts college that enriches the entire learning experience by highlighting themes of justice across the arts, sciences, humanities, and social sciences. Located steps from Lincoln Center at the cultural heart of New York City, the College offers bachelors and masters degrees and participates in the doctoral programs of the Graduate Center of the City University of New York. John Jay College is also recognized for serving a broadly diverse student population. Under the leadership of its fourth president, Jeremy Travis, John Jay College has experienced unprecedented faculty hiring, an expansion of its curricular offerings, and the opening in 2011 of a new 600,000 square foot building complete with a black-box theatre, state-of-the-art lab space for students and faculty, a moot courtroom, and a variety of virtual learning settings. As evidenced by so many on-going developments, the College offers its many new faculty and staff the opportunity to shape the future of their institution.
Bachelor's Degree and six years' related experience required.
The ideal candidate is a strategist with strong management, operational, and planning experience and a proven track record of accomplishments. The candidate will possess the ability to work effectively in a coordinating role across multiple constituencies; a strong, open and collaborative leadership style; a customer-service orientation with a focus on excellence; outstanding communication skills; strong computer skills are essential; highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, i-Movie, and Screencast-O-Matic used for Pod/Vod casting. PeopleSoft experience is very highly desirable. Master's degree preferred.
$55,602 - $76,689
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply please visit: www.jjay.cuny.edu/jobs. Once you have registered or logged in with your user name and password, upload your cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information of three professional references as one document.
December 11, 2013
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.