Instructional Designer (Information Technology Consultant - Career)
California State University, Bakersfield in California
|Date Posted||November 12, 2013|
|Type||Non tenure track|
California State University, Bakersfield
(Information Technology Consultant - Career)
Recruitment #: #1639
Bargaining Unit: R09
Salary: $4,314 - $8,831 per month (Anticipated Hiring Salary Range: $4,314 - $6,000 per month) Exempt
Department: Faculty Teaching & Learning Center
Posted: April 26, 2013
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Positions are open to all interested applicants, both on and off campus, unless this is an on-campus only recruitment.
APPLICATION PACKET REQUIREMENTS
This position requires (including those on campus) submission of:
• A standard CSU, Bakersfield job application (download at http://www.csub.edu/BAS/hr/nonfacem.shtml).
• Names of three professional references
• Copy of degree/transcripts/typing certificate, if required
• Brief description of how you are qualified for this position by virtue of your interest, aptitude, education and experience required.
The function of the Faculty Teaching and Learning Center (FTLC) is to provide support for faculty. Faculty supports include workshops, individual consultations, training in the use of the campus Learning Management System (LMS) for instructional design, development and teaching. The focus is on online, hybrid and blended course designs. The goal is to effectively leverage emerging technologies to enhance teaching and learning with the ultimate goal of increasing student success. FTLC creates and disseminates online, print, and multimedia materials and tutorials that inform faculty about "effective practices" in online and hybrid course design. FTLC also is responsible for helping to foster a culture of excellence and innovation in scholarship, using academic technologies for online, hybrid, and face-to-face instruction. The Instructional designer reports to the Director of Instructional Development.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Supporting faculty in creating new and/or redesigning existing online courses to create innovative and technically advanced learning environments
• Applying instructional design theories, best practices and methodologies including universal design principles and 508 regulations to online course design
• Evaluating instructional software, multimedia applications and web based educational technologies as a basis for meeting the needs of faculty
• Providing consultation to faculty individually and small groups to enhance use of the campus Learning Management System (LMS) course and program development
• Developing and delivering web-based self-help support services for faculty teaching on online faculty.
• Developing and executing effective training using best practices in online course design for one-on-one, small and large groups in both face-to-face and online formats
• Creating media to support learning (e.g., visual aids for face-to-face, various multimedia for e-learning and online);
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university (attach copy of college degree/transcripts to application). Additional related experience may be substituted for up to 2 years of the college education on a year-for-year basis.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with faculty in instructional design for online/hybrid courses or multimedia classrooms
• Experience implementing training programs for Learning Management Systems and/or collaborative tools.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience designing and developing online courses using the Blackboard Learn LMS or other learning management systems, or 2 years of related instructional design experience in higher education and training.
• It is preferable that the Bachelor’s degree have a concentration in educational technology, instructional design, online teaching and learning, or a closely-related field
• Master’s or higher degree preferred
• Ability to apply instructional design theories and methodologies;
• Knowledge of adult learning theories;
• Instructional design and development for online and hybrid learning;
• Advanced knowledge, skill, and experience with new and emerging learning technologies;
• Experience working with and guiding instructors with competing priorities and a wide-range of skill levels for using technology in teaching and learning;
• Excellent interpersonal/intercultural skills working with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students, and administrators;
• Ability to lead, moderate, and guide large and small groups with clear objectives;
• Excellent presentation skills;
• Ability to work independently with general direction;
• Experience teaching online in a higher education setting.
SCREENING: Only those applicants possessing experience most directly related to the immediate needs of the office will be invited to appear before a Qualifications Appraisal Board for the purpose of appraising training, experience and interest in the position.
The person holding this position is considered a “mandated reporter” under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
It shall be the policy of the CSU in filling vacant CSUEU bargaining Units 2, 5, 7 & 9 positions to fill such vacancies from among qualified individuals currently employed on-campus except when it is determined that it is necessary to appoint outside applicants to meet campus workforce diversity goals or to provide specialized skills and abilities that are not available from current employees.
It is the policy of California State University; Bakersfield to hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to present documentation verifying their right to accept employment. You will also be requested to present a social security card at the time of initial appointment in compliance with state payroll regulations. State regulations require that every state employee sign the Oath of Allegiance prior to commencing the duties of his/her State employment, except legally employed non-citizens. These individuals are required to sign the Declaration of Permission to Work.
GENERAL APPLICANT INFORMATION: Official California State University, Bakersfield application forms must be completed in full and received in the Human Resources Office by 5:00 p.m. on/or postmarked by the specified closing date, unless otherwise indicated. Resumes are welcomed but will not be accepted in place of the official application. E-mailed or faxed applications or resumes will also not be accepted.
Applications are available outside the Office of Human Resources and may be downloaded from the Human Resources website at http://www.csub.edu/BAS/hr/nonfacem.shtml. Candidates who reside outside the city of Bakersfield may contact the Office of Human Resources and request that an application be mailed to their residence. It takes a minimum of 4-6 weeks from the closing date for a position to be filled. To check the status of your application, go to the Human Resources homepage and click on the “JOB STATUS” icon link. Applicants will not receive individual notifications. Upon submission, all application materials become the exclusive property of California State University, Bakersfield and will not be copied or returned.
California State University, Bakersfield is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will be considered without regard to gender, race, age, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, disability or covered veteran status.
Copyright ©2013 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://apptrkr.com/405677