New Jersey Institute of Technology in New Jersey
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||November 7, 2013|
Under the supervision of the Director of Instructional Technology and Media Services and working in concert with other appropriate offices and individuals:
The Instructional Designer will interface closely with all faculty to assist them in the integration of technology in the creation, delivery and support of their instructional efforts. Besides being versed in the technology, the Instructional Designer will be familiar with best practices, instructional theory, pedagogical techniques, developing learning objectives, support learning principles and sound instructional design practice. The Instructional Designer will champion the utilization of training resources and the pursuit of instructional excellence among the faculty. The Instructional Designer will posses expertise in the design and delivery of face to face, hybrid and distance learning and support all faculty efforts in this area.
· Create, manage and deliver training sessions to faculty in the creation of multimedia materials.
· Guide faculty in the appropriate use of technology to support instruction.
· Create, maintain and update tutorials on the instructional design of materials for delivery via face to face, hybrid and distance.
· Assist faculty in the design of instructional support materials and systems.
· Develops instructionally sound material for online learning.
· Apply instructional design techniques and methodologies to help faculty analyze instructional needs, design courseware, and develop course architecture to achieve desired performance.
· Assist faculty in designing course objectives and develop appropriate courseware presentation practice activities, and assessment schemes.
· Maintain currency and proficiency in advanced distance learning technologies.
· Creates training tools for use by faculty, staff and students for the improvement of face-to-face and distance delivered instruction. Including, but not limited to, on-line web based short courses, platform orientation tools, and pedagogy.
· Assists faculty in the development of on-line instruction and support materials for both face-to-face and distance learning courses.
· Recruit students and staff for the creation and delivery of workshops in multimedia production for support of instruction.
· Develop programs in instructional techniques and pedagogy in support of distance learning.
· Manage student mentors in the delivery of assistance to faculty.
· Act as a resource for faculty in the research of current trends in the support of instruction through technology.
Bachelor's degree required, Master's preferred, in education or instructional design; 2+ years experience with proven instructional abilities. Additionally, the Instructional Designer will need strong communication and interpersonal skills. Must also have the ability and desire to work in a team environment and meet deadlines. Detailed understanding of and experience with instructional design support, microcomputers, Web-based authoring tools; and, experience with end-user training, online course design, development, and delivery; instructional design and curriculum development for Web-based learning; faculty training for online course delivery; applications of computer technologies for education; classroom teaching experience in higher education; excellent written and spoken communication skills; proven knowledge of all aspects of multimedia development (graphics and animation).
To apply go to http://njit.jobs and search using posting number 0601788. NJIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at https://njit.jobs