English Language Instructor
Kansas State Universtiy in Kansas
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||October 24, 2013|
|Type||Non tenure track|
FullTime (12 Month) Instructors
Office of International Programs
English Language Program
Kansas State University, a major public research university, invites applicants for the position of Full-Time Instructor for the English Language Program, a unit of the Office of International Programs. Our engagement with the international community is critical to the future of our students, our university and our state. Internationalization is a common element underlying the vision and goals of the K-State 2025 initiative. This high level of commitment to internationalization underscores the value we place on orienting our international students to American culture and the academic environment. We believe the university community, as well as the language learners are enriched by providing academic and personal advising while facilitating students transition to degree programs through support courses.
This position will begin January 2014 and serves as a 12 month term position which reports to the Director of the English Language Program.
- plan and conduct 15 class hours per week (4-5 classes)
- assign, grade, and return student work
- hold at least one office hour per day
- keep records of and report student achievement on mid-term and end-of-semester forms
- become familiar with the tests / grading criteria given by the ELP
- participate in assessment
- help with testing and enrollment duties at the beginning and end of the semester
- aid in curriculum development
- attendance/participation at departmental meetings
- become familiar with University procedures as they impact ELP students
- become familiar with basic immigration issues as needed by ELP students
- serve on committees (search, curriculum, etc.) as needed
- MA in TESL or related area, degree completed by December 2013
Preferred Qualifications: 12-month
- Experience in teaching ESL
- Experience in working with college / university students or adult learners
- Experience in living / traveling abroad or having a second language
Screening of applications to begin: November 11th, 2013
Conditions of Appointment: A background check is required prior to finalizing an offer of employment.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
Salary Range: $39,000 $42,000 depending on experience.
Start date: January 2014
To apply: Applications must be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submit cover letter, resume or curriculum vitae, graduate school transcripts and contact information for three professional references, one of which must have been a direct supervisor.
KSU is AA/EOE compliant and background check required. Kansas State University actively seeks diversity.
How To Apply
It’s easy, fast, and FREE to manage your job search on Vitae.
- Organize all the documents needed to apply for this position in Vitae’s FREE dossier service
- Request letters of recommendation, provide references, and submit applications directly from Vitae
- Manage your job search, whether as a teaching assistant, a tenure-track professor, or a top administrator
To apply without using Vitae
Send all required documents to email@example.com
Already have a Vitae account?
Sign in below to start a new application for this job.