Assistant / Associate Professor (ESL), Faculty of Communication
Nagoya University of Commerce and Business
|Deadline||November 29, 2013|
|Date Posted||October 4, 2013|
|Type||Non tenure track|
The Nagoya University of Commerce and Business (NUCB) seeks applicants for Assistant / Associate Professor positions in the Faculty of Communication.
Founded in 1953, Nagoya University of Commerce and Business is situated on an exceptionally beautiful campus in the most economically productive region of Japan: Nagoya. One of the leading business schools in Japan, NUCB consistently receives high academic rankings and is strongly committed to global standards for excellence in scholarship and research. It is also the only business school in Japan to be accredited by both AACSB International and AMBA. NUCB comprises of just over 3,500 students and 100 teaching staff. About 30 of the teaching staff are from abroad.
We invite motivated and academically distinguished linguistic scholars and language instructors to join us in achieving our ambitious goals of our faculty. We are seeking to fill three positions for the 2013/2014 academic year.
April 1st, 2014.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Teaching responsibilities: 7 classes of 100 minutes per week, focusing on English language and cross-cultural communication with the aim of increasing student TOEFL/TOEIC scores.
- Non-teaching responsibilities: maintain office hours, provide additional support to students, conduct and publish research, and participate in all official university functions.
- Active participation in curriculum reform and development.
- A masters degree (Ph.D. preferred) in applied linguistics or cross-cultural communication from a reputable university combined with experience of teaching at a higher educational institution.
- Qualified in and experience of teaching TESOL.
- Native English proficiency or near-native fluency in English.
In addition to the minimum requirements stated above, the following qualities are desirable:
1. Experience of living and working in a cultural environment that may be different from their own.
2. Basic Japanese language ability is a bonus but not essential.
- Two-year renewable contract with a highly competitive salary based on qualifications and experience.
- Salary scheme includes an additional annual bonus and an end-of-contract bonus.
- Holiday in line with normal Japanese university conventions.
- Excellent benefits package including private health insurance.
- Sponsorship securing a Japanese working visa if required.
Please gather the following application materials:
- Curriculum vitae including passport-type photo.
- List of academic and other publications.
- Letter of recommendation from current/previous academic supervisor/employer.
- Proof of degree qualifications, certificates etc.
- Statement of teaching and research philosophy and goals.
To apply for this position, please assemble all the application materials detailed above in electronic form, and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants who meet the stated criteria will be contacted immediately upon receipt and invited for an interview either in person if they are Japan-based, or by Skype if based overseas.
November 29th 2013
How To Apply
It’s easy, fast, and FREE to manage your job search on Vitae.
- Organize all the documents needed to apply for this position in Vitae’s FREE dossier service
- Request letters of recommendation, provide references, and submit applications directly from Vitae
- Manage your job search, whether as a teaching assistant, a tenure-track professor, or a top administrator
To apply without using Vitae
Send all required documents to email@example.com
Already have a Vitae account?
Sign in below to start a new application for this job.