Financial Aid Manager - TAP Certification
CUNY Bronx Community College in New York
|Deadline||October 13, 2013|
|Date Posted||September 16, 2013|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
Job Title: Financial Aid Manager - TAP Certification
Job ID: 9058
Location: Bronx Community College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Regular/Temporary: RegularGENERAL DUTIES
Plans, develops and implements financial aid policies and processes in accordance with Federal, State and University standards.
- Manages financial aid activities and represents the office at on-campus and off-campus meetings and forums
- Manages day-to day administrative and systems operations for optimal efficiency and customer service; manages special processes such as Return of Title IV Aid
- Provides comprehensive financial counseling to parents and students
- Implements all necessary processes to support financial aid application, awarding and delivery cycles
- Oversees the coordination of financial aid activities with those of other College and University offices
- Implements and maintains web based services
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Financial Aid ManagerCONTRACT TITLE
Higher Education AssociateFLSA
ExemptCAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
The selected candidate will be reporting to the Director for the Office of Financial Aid and work closely with the Offices of Financial Aid, Registrar, and Bursar. Additional duties of the Financial Aid Manager - TAP Certification will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Serve as the Certification Officer to ensure that TAP funds are applied in accordance with all applicable state Department of Education and HESC regulations and, where applicable, includes other state and federal agencies regulations affecting the administration of this program.
- Serve as the resident Financial Aid expert specifically related to the interpretation and implementation on all TAP regulations within program guidelines.
- Supervise/Train TAP Unit and other related staff on TAP rules and regulations.
- Manage a self-contained TAP unit so that all students with TAP-related issues can go to a "one-stop" model for clarification and resolution; establish proficiency with PATHWAY requirements and the related degree programs to ensure eligibility.
- Communicate overall status reports to Director of Financial Aid, Dean of Enrollment Management, and VP of Student Affairs and the Bursar Office.
- Maintain and execute an Operations Calendar for all queries to CUNY Central and HESC.
- Collaborate on the operation of CUNYFirst, FACTS and Degree Works and other related financial aid reporting. - Update/maintain the TAP portion of the Financial Aid website.
- Manage the notification and TAP payment process to students who fail to meet the Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).
- Manage/monitor the student advisement/certification process regarding TAP Eligibility, Certification, HESC scholarship, and/or waiver procedures.
- Evaluate and execute programmatic changes to comply with legislative and college policies.
- Collaborate with other departments in the preparation of test data and quality assurance procedures to ensure that certification programs are current.
- Create and develop a working Policy and Procedures Manual outlining TAP program processing requirements.
- Serve as the College's primary contact person with the Higher Education Services Corporation (HESC), the University Application Processing Center (UAPC), and the University Office of Student Financial Aid (OSFA) to process awards and resolve programmatic issues.
- Serve on the City University Of New York (CUNY) TAP Committee and other campus committees, as needed.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Bachelor's Degree and six years' related experience required.OTHER QUALIFICATIONS
- Master's degree preferred
- Experience in a college Financial Aid Office highly preferred
- Experience with TAP certification and other grant programs highly preferred
- Possesses and demonstrates ability to work with a diverse population
- Excellent oral and written communication skills - Supervisory and training experience highly preferred
- Familiarity with CUNYFirst and Microsoft programs is a plusCOMPENSATION
$55,602 - $88,418; commensurate with qualifications and experience.BENEFITS
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria. HOW TO APPLY Applicants must apply online by accessing the CUNY website at www.cuny.edu and navigating to the following links: "Employment", "Search for job listings", Job ID #9058. Please attach resume, cover letter, and the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three professional references. Please do not include any other documentation.CLOSING DATE
10/13/13JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/ProfessionalEQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer. An Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action/ IRCA/Americans with Disabilities Act Employer
All resumes must be submitted via CUNYfirst.