University of North Carolina at Greensboro in North Carolina
|Date Posted||October 10, 2012|
The UNCG Division of Information Technology Services is seeking two highly skilled and experienced senior level network architects to join our Enterprise Network Architecture and Design team. These individuals will work as part of an extraordinarily talented team of peers at a Carnegie Research University that is responsible for the design, implementation and management of our campus wired and wireless network environment. UNCG provides wired network services on Cisco MPLS architecture and wireless services over Aruba controller based architecture for 20,000+ faculty, staff and students across 73 main campus buildings. All campus network services are delivered and managed centrally through the Division of Information Technology Services in support of the production instructional, administrative and research programs of the University.
The qualified candidates must have advanced knowledge of TCP/IP within an IPv4 medium to large enterprise network context. In-depth design, architecture, and configuration skills of the Cisco Catalyst 6500, Cisco Catalyst 3750, and Cisco Nexus 7000/5000 platforms are required. Familiarity with OSPF, MP-BGP, MPLS VPN, label distribution protocols, label switching, and VRF is required. Experience in design, architecture, and configuration of Aruba Networks 6000/M3MK1 wireless controller (or equivalent Cisco Wireless Services module experience) is highly desirable. Familiarity with industry standard firewall, intrusion detection/prevention, proxy, and radius technologies is highly desirable.
Programming/scripting skills in Bourne shell, HTML/PHP, Python, and/or Perl are desirable in order to assist in maintenance of infrastructure services related to DNS and DHCP. The candidate must also be willing to explore the open source / freeware market, and contribute programming skills to assist in vendor and UNCG product integration.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Wired IEEE networking standards: 802.3/Ethernet, 802.1x/Authentication, 802.1d/w spanning-tree, rapid spanning-tree (RSTP), per-vlan rapid spanning-tree (PVST+), 802.1q trunking
- Wireless IEEE networking standards: 802.11a/b/g/n, EAP/EAPOL/802.1x, 802.11h. Radio Frequency knowledge in the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz spectrum
- Either FreeRadius, and/or Microsoft NPS Radius
- Solid understanding of network systems architecture, OSI model, QoS, and TCP/IP and IP based protocols, including IDS/IPS, firewall, OSPF, MP-BGP, MPLS, VPN, VRF
- SNMP and its application in network monitoring systems
- Computer systems architecture, operating systems, and network hardware/software
- Good network workstation/server troubleshooting skills
- Good understanding of Linux/UNIX and Windows 7/Windows 2008/2012 based systems
- Basic understanding of IPv6 and how it differs from IPv4
- Experience with traffic shaping devices and bandwidth management
- Packet capture and analysis with Wireshark, TCPdump, or similar tools
- Log analysis
These positions offer a unique and exciting opportunity for professional growth through hands-on design and management of advanced network technologies that serve a large scale user base in a very stable environment. Chartered in 1891, the University of North Carolina at Greensboro is a public doctoral research university that is a truly wonderful place to work. UNCG is located in the beautiful city of Greensboro, which was ranked in January 2012 by Wall Street 24/7 among the “10 best U.S. Cities for raising a family”.
Hours of Work: 8 A.M - 5 P.M, M-F on-call as necessary
Work Performed: SENIOR ENTERPRISE NETWORK ARCHITECTS
For additional information on available UNCG staff positions and information on how to apply, please see the website: http://jobsearch.uncg.edu Position #999557 and 2894. If you have questions regarding the application process, please call 336-334-5009.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://www.Click2Apply.net/fvyzstf