Postdoctoral Fellow in Contemporary Asia-Pacific Studies
Stanford University in California
|Deadline||December 31, 2012|
|Date Posted||October 9, 2012|
The Walter H. Shorenstein Asia-Pacific Research Center at Stanford University is pleased to announce its search for two 2013-14 Shorenstein Postdoctoral Fellows in Contemporary Asia-Pacific Studies. Made possible through the generosity of Walter H. Shorenstein, awards will be made to two junior scholars (recent PhDs must have degree conferral by August 31, 2013) for research and writing on Asia.
The primary focus of the fellowship is on contemporary political, economic, or social change in the Asia-Pacific region (including Northeast, Southeast, and South Asia), or topics in international relations and international political economy. Fellows must be in residence for the duration of the appointment. They must take part in center activities throughout the academic year, and are required to present their research findings in center seminars. Fellows will also participate in the centers publication program. The fellowship is a 10-month appointment with a stipend rate of $50,000 plus $3,000 for research materials. Appointments will begin in the fall quarter of the 2013-14 academic year.
Applicants should submit:
(1) a brief research statement (not to exceed five typed pages), which describes the research and writing to be undertaken during the fellowship period as well as the proposed publishable product;
(2) curriculum vitae; and
(3) three letters of recommendation.
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF ALL MATERIALS IS DECEMBER 31, 2012.
Submit all materials and queries to:
Please note: all applications will be accepted only through email.
How To Apply
It’s easy, fast, and FREE to manage your job search on Vitae.
- Organize all the documents needed to apply for this position in Vitae’s FREE dossier service
- Request letters of recommendation, provide references, and submit applications directly from Vitae
- Manage your job search, whether as a teaching assistant, a tenure-track professor, or a top administrator
To apply without using Vitae
Send all required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Already have a Vitae account?
Sign in below to start a new application for this job.