Lecturer-Arabic for Non Native Speakers
|Deadline||October 30, 2012|
|Date Posted||August 8, 2012|
|Type||Non tenure track|
Job Title: Lecturer
Program's Name: Arabic for Non Native Speakers
Qatar University Profile:
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility. This is underpinned by committed leadership and an experienced and motivated faculty and staff body.
The College of Arts and Sciences (CAS) houses nine departments, covering a wide range of specializations in the Arts and Sciences including English and Arabic Languages, History, Geography and Urban Planning, Sociology, Social Work, International Affairs, Mass Communication, Information Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Chemistry, Biological Sciences, Environmental Sciences, Biomedical Sciences and Human Nutrition.
Duties & Responsibilities
Teaching Arabic Language (courses) for Non-Native Speakers.
Participate in the committees (academic or the community service committees) at the University and the department.
Participate in the research studies offered by the university.
1. Have MA from an accredited University in the above fields.
2. Have a teaching experience of at least 5 years at the university level.
3. Demonstrate good written and oral English skills.
4. Demonstrate evidence of, or potential for, research, service and scholarly activity.
1. Current Curriculum Vitea.
2. Cover letter.
3. Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
4. Three referees contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
5. Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed. However, if no course work was completed, an copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
6. Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
1. A three-year renewable contract.
2. Salary is commensurate with experience.
3. Tax-free salary.
4. Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
5. Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QUHR policies.
6. Educational allowance for candidate's children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
7. Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
8. Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
9. End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
1. Returning Applicant: Apply online
Please login to update/edit your saved profile. Use this profile to apply for this position.
2. New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online System and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.
Job Category: Academic
End Date of Advertisment: 30-Oct-2012
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://recruit.qu.edu.qa/pls/recruitment/rec