Electronic Resources Librarian
University of Mississippi in Mississippi
|Date Posted||May 7, 2012|
|Type||Tenured, tenure track|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
Electronic Resources Librarian & Assistant Professor
The University of Mississippi Libraries seeks an Electronic Resources Librarian with energy and initiative to provide leadership and effective management for the libraries electronic resources. Working in a team environment, the incumbent will be responsible for leading library-wide efforts to optimize technologies designed to help publicize the libraries collections, and for providing user-centric services for information access and discovery.
Under the direction of the Head of Serials, the incumbent will:
- Serve as a liaison to vendors regarding electronic resource trials, acquisitions, licensing and technical issues
- Work with database providers, vendors, publishers and other personnel to resolve digital resources connectivity and access issues
- Proactively manage technical changes to preempt resource access problems
- Respond to users issues with electronic resources in a timely manner
- Provide feedback about electronic resource infrastructure compatibility
- recommend and facilitate improvements to existing tools and workflows;
- Maintain accurate data about electronic resources in a variety of systems, such as our link resolver and discovery tool knowledge base (Serials Solutions), our Electronic Resource Management module (Innovative Interfaces), and our A to Z database list
- Manage the libraries integrated proxy (Web Access Management)
- Manage the promotion of resources in various library systems and website
- Oversee and analyze usage statistics for electronic resources
- Participate in assessment of electronic resources
- Maintain current awareness of emerging trends and best practices in resource access and discoverability
- Supervise a paraprofessional responsible for maintaining the knowledgebase, for collecting usage statistics, for troubleshooting, and for loading the monthly coverage and MARC records from Serial Solutions
- Serve on the electronic resource management team and a library-wide collection development team.
- ALA accredited master's degree by date of employment
- Evidence of experience with research-oriented electronic resource technologies
- Familiarity with the OpenURL standard
- Experience implementing or using an electronic resources knowledge base management system
- Demonstrated analytical problem solving skills and initiative
- An aptitude for detail-oriented work
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative, service-oriented, and dynamic environment
- Interest in facilitating technical skills in others
- A commitment to meet established library criteria for promotion and tenure, including professional service and published research.
The position is a 12-month, tenure-track faculty appointment. Minimum annual salary is $45,000, and is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Apply online at http://jobs.olemiss.edu. Applicants will be asked to include a letter of application, vita, and the names, addresses, phone numbers and e-mail addresses of three current professional references. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
The University of Mississippi is located in historic Oxford, a thriving community offering a wide range of literary, musical and cultural activities. For more information about the University and the community, please visit http://www.olemiss.edu/visitors.
The University of Mississippi is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Section504/ADA/ADEA employer.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://jobs.olemiss.edu