Assistant Director of Graduate Admission (Merrick School of Business focus)
University of Baltimore
|Date Posted||May 4, 2012|
Assistant Director of Graduate Admission (Merrick School of Business focus)University of Baltimore
Vacancy Number: 300229
Regular exempt position with full benefits package
Documents must be received by: 5/21/2012
Annual Salary: $43,000 to $48,000
The Assistant Director of Graduate Admission is the admission officer with responsibility for achievement of specific enrollment objectives for new graduate students in various programs at the University of Baltimore through recruitment, admission and enrollment activities. The assistant director will serve in the Enrollment Management Division under the leadership of the Associate VP Admission.
The University of Baltimore is committed to a mission of access and affordability and seeks to enroll students who can succeed academically in its graduate programs. The Assistant Director of Graduate Admission will play a significant role in the coordination of recruitment efforts and will, along with other admission officers, be responsible for achievement of the Universitys enrollment objectives for new graduate students.
The Assistant Director of Graduate Admissions will work with the AVP Admission and academic Program Directors, as assigned, to plan, implement, and analyze recruitment and enrollment plans and strategies in support of achievement of enrollment objectives and goals. The Assistant Director will work with the AVP Admission to streamline the admission process and standardize admission requirements based on research and enrollment. The assistant director will cultivate prospective graduate students through individualized communications, recruitment events, presentations, individual campus interviews, chats, social media interaction, etc. The position coordinates recruitment activities directed to graduate prospects and applicants. The Assistant Director coordinates the conversion of admitted to enrolled students with academic Program Directors, personnel in the Merrick School of Business, and personnel in the offices of Financial Aid, Registration and Student Affairs.
This position will focus on working with prospects and constituencies for graduate programs in the Merrick School of Business (subject to change depending upon office and University priorities). Duties include:
- Achieve enrollment goals and objectives for new graduate students and support achievement of the Universitys annual enrollment goals for all populations of students.
- Work with the AVP Admission, graduate program directors, advisors, and other staff to insure that enrollment goals and strategies for each program are developed and implemented. Track progress towards enrollment goals and undertake activities that support the achievement of those goals.
- Support UB/Towson marketing communication and enrollment strategies through coordination of initiatives with the MBA program Director and the Student Communications Coordinator.
- Assist the AVP Admission with the management of graduate admission activities.
- Work with others, as assigned, to implement marketing and communication strategies and initiatives for graduate enrollment.
- Support marketing, communication and enrollment strategies through coordination of initiatives with the Program Directors
- Work with others, as assigned, to draft, edit, and update communications for prospects, applicants and admitted students.
- Build the relationship between prospective students and the University in support of enrollment as a foundation for student success at UB.
- Manage the cultivation and recruitment of prospective students, applicants, and students admitted as graduate students to the University.
- Initiate and maintain communication with individual prospects and applicants.
- Conduct on-campus recruitment of graduate students through admission interviews, campus visits & tours, open houses, information sessions, etc.
- Maintain student appointment schedule for prospective students and applicants (scheduled and walk-ins).
- Review applications for admission and monitor the admission profiles of incoming graduate students; facilitate communication between program directors and prospective students regarding admissions policies and procedures; resolve exceptional applicant problems.
- Supervise students employed in the admission offices.
- Partner with the Office of Admissions Technology to ensure the efficient and effective use of PeopleSoft admissions database; Customer Relationship Management (CRM) technology, and utilize reporting tools for enrollment and marketing;
- Monitor and provide suggestions for improving and facilitating work flow for graduate admissions recruitment operations in general;
- Generate standard and ad hoc statistical reports and data exports;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requires at least three years of experience in strategic marketing, admissions or a related field. Bachelors degree required; masters degree in higher education, student affairs, communications, or marketing highly desirable.
- Experience with student information systems (PeopleSoft preferred) and online marketing programs.
- Ability to act as a team member in a changing environment and support leadership efforts to promote strategic plans.
- Excellent communication skills, including demonstrated skill in the verbal and written expression of information, ideas, and policies.
- Ability to work autonomously and confidentially; able to make independent decisions, as appropriate; ability to set/attain goals, and initiate and follow through with new projects with minimal direction.
- Highly motivated self-starter with ability to contribute to and maintain a high-energy, high-volume office.
- Ability to work with diverse populations.
- A proactive customer service orientation.
- Willingness to travel.
TO APPLY: Include your Vacancy Number 300229 on all documents. Electronic submission is strongly preferred. Submit a single PDF or Word file with your cover letter, resume, and any additional information you would like to have considered. Visit http://www.ubalt.edu/hr to review application instructions and then apply.
UB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/ADA Compliant Employer & Title IX Institution.