Supervisor, Physical Education Center
St. Louis Community College
|Deadline||May 18, 2012|
|Date Posted||May 4, 2012|
St. Louis Community College is the largest community college system in Missouri and the second largest institution of higher education in the state with current credit enrollment each semester of almost 30,000 students. The College is a charter member of the League for Innovation in Community Colleges and is accredited by the North Central Association/Higher Learning Commission.
The College includes four campuses, three education centers and district administrative offices enrolling 29,230 students. We offer 15 college-transfer and 90-plus career programs in the areas of art and design, business, civil and community service, engineering and technology, health and office professions; plus continuing education, developmental, and business/industrial training programs. The College employs 1,400+ full-time faculty and staff and 2,300+ part-time faculty and staff.
Position Responsibilities: The Supervisor, Physical Education Center partners with the Department Chair of Physical Education and Manager of Athletics to determine equipment and site needs.
- Coordinates purchasing, receiving, storage and distribution of equipment and supplies for physical education and athletics
- Communicates building and site needs regarding housekeeping, maintenance, HVAC, and grounds keeping
- Coordinates effective utilization of Physical Education and athletic space (indoor and outdoor) and equipment; maintains equipment; responsible for home game/rental management (set up); responsible for laundering uniforms and related materials
- Coordinates rental of spaces with Business Office; provides setup and oversight of the event/activity.
- Performs normal supervisory functions
Position Requirements: Qualified candidates must have:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent, (minimum of 90 credit hours and an additional two (2) years of relevant full time experience), in a related field and three (3) years relevant facilities management experience.
- Experience with a diverse population and good communication skills preferred
- All candidates must complete an online application at https://jobs.stlcc.edu/postings/1670 prior to the application deadline for full consideration. Application deadline is May 18, 2012
- Applicants should provide an application detailing qualifications; cover letter, resume, unofficial transcripts, and the names, address, telephone numbers of a minimum of three references that have first-hand knowledge of your career experience.
St. Louis Community College is an Affirmative Action /Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and ideas who embrace and value diversity and inclusivity.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at https://jobs.stlcc.edu/postings/1670