IT Learning Management Systems Specialist
Pomona College in California
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||May 2, 2012|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
Pomona College is looking for a talented individual to join our service oriented department of Information Technology Services as an IT Learning Management Systems Specialist. The Senior Academic Technology Specialist will be responsible for the support and administration of the Learning Management System (LMS) used by the member institutions of the Claremont University Consortium (currently Sakai). This position provides software application systems administration and administration services focusing on the operation, maintenance and improvement of the consortial Learning Management System. You will provide administrative support for the Learning Management System (LMS) generally focusing on tier 3 level support; work closely with the LMS vendor as a technical liaison to maintain the LMS and manage the upgrade/patch process. This position will also plan and implement tools to monitor production systems in support of LMS applications and services, perform performance tuning and troubleshooting the LMS system, build and maintain test systems to support application evaluation by troubleshooting and testing, collect and assess the requirements of the software and translate them into technical implementation plans, document server topographies, information systems, process flows, data flows for the LMS system, and design and develop automated approaches to systems management and maintenance. Requires:
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 4 years in technical system support in a higher education environment
- Minimum of 2 years experience with the administration and support of a learning management system, Sakai preferred.
- Employment history or educational background that reflects proficiency with various software systems including LINUX, SQL and Apache
- Ability to demonstrate best practices and professional experiences developing web-applications with Java and related technologies
- Exemplary communication and interpersonal skills that enable effective leadership, team membership and proactive initiative are essential
A supplemental moving allowance may be available for the selected candidate. This is a regular, full-time, 12 month position. Review of applications will begin on May 21, 2012 and the position will remain open until filled. Please send a cover letter, résumé, salary history, and list of references to Pomona College, Attn:H.R./P1908, 150 E. Eighth St. Claremont, CA 91711. Documents may also be submitted via email at email@example.com or by fax at
How To Apply
It’s easy, fast, and FREE to manage your job search on Vitae.
- Organize all the documents needed to apply for this position in Vitae’s FREE dossier service
- Request letters of recommendation, provide references, and submit applications directly from Vitae
- Manage your job search, whether as a teaching assistant, a tenure-track professor, or a top administrator
To apply without using Vitae
Send all required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Already have a Vitae account?
Sign in below to start a new application for this job.