McHenry County College in Illinois
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||April 26, 2012|
POSITION: DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR
WORK WEEK: Flexible scheduling will be necessary to accommodate events and meetings, to include evenings and weekends.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Work with Executive Director and other fund-raising staff in executing the Foundations fund raising initiatives in support of the Colleges programs, services, and students.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develop fund raising strategy and set priorities to achieve annual goals and budgets
- Research and identify potential donors within the community for sponsorships
- Cultivate committee involvement
- Develop an action plan to steward potential donors
- Assist with the ongoing communication with current donors and with stewardship initiatives as determined by the Executive Director
- Write proposals to obtain grants, event sponsorship, and naming opportunities
- Prepare presentations to deliver to potential donors and key stakeholders
- Maintain donor databases
- Work with Board of Directors assigned committee
- Oversee assigned event planning and campaigns
- Assist with development of quarterly newsletter and other ongoing communications, marketing, and donor stewardship
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors
- Create and execute a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors
- Committee management of volunteers and motivate involvement
- Manage department budget and achieve financial goals
- Provide reports to the Executive Director on the status of ongoing campaigns and projects
- When needed, assist Development Specialist in supporting the work of selected Foundation committees
- Assist in coordinating the acceptance process for non-cash gifts
- Perform general administrative support functions in support of the office operation
- Perform other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor
MINIMUM POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:
Bachelors Degree and 5 years of related experience required.
Minimum five years required of related experience implementing large scale fund raising events, writing corporate proposals and reports, and managing complex projects. A proven track record of revenue generation and prior experience with direct mail campaigns, major donors, events, endowments, or other campaigns.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent writing skills, demonstrating accuracy, creativity, and persuasiveness
- Strong verbal communication skills to effectively manage frequent contact with Foundation board members, volunteers, alumni, donors, corporations, and college officials
- Ability to inspire donors to go beyond their traditional giving levels
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong record of creativity and innovation
- Self-starter, able to work independently
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Raisers Edge donor management software and QuickBooks
- Able to perform all of the essential functions, skills, and abilities of the position
Application review begins May 21, 2012. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Please visit: www.mchenry.edu/jobs for additional information and to download the MCC Employment Application form. No fax or email applications are accepted. Mail or bring in person to address shown.