About Framingham State University:
Framingham State University, located just 20 miles west of Boston, is a vibrant comprehensive liberal arts institution offering 26 undergraduate degree programs in arts, humanities, sciences, social sciences, and professional fields. Nearly 6,000 students attend Framingham State, including nearly 2,000 graduate students. Framingham State University offers graduate degrees in 25 fields, including an extensive graduate program for teachers in international schools. The University takes pride in its 30,000 alumni, most of whom live and work in Massachusetts. The University is just the right size - small enough for learning to be personal and collaborative, yet large and diverse enough to broaden students' understanding of their world. This broadening of perspectives and appreciation of diversity is one of the hallmarks of a first-rate undergraduate education.
Assist the Director in the management and coordination of all operations, controls, and personnel in the Business Office. Create and implement policies and procedures throughout the University in the area of financial services to comply with all federal and state laws, regulations, policies and practices and audit requirements. Work with federal and state agencies, auditors, financial institutions, and university departments in the area of financial services. Act as Office Manager and Business Office liaison with University departments. Responsible for financial reporting. Provide the accounting and budgeting support for all grants. The Business Office functions are:
• Purchasing – Requisitions, purchase orders, bidding, contracting, vendor updating, W-9 collections, procurement cards, training of university departments, facility department coordination for capital projects
• Accounts Payable – Vendor invoices, reconciliations, signature approvals, department coordination, vendor contact, payment scheduling, utility record keeping, MMARS payments, check processing
• Accounting – General and operating ledgers for over 50 federal, state and trust funds and sub funds, fund reporting, account creation, journal entries, bank statement reconciliation, MMARS statutory reporting and reconciliation, chargeback processing, travel and reimbursements, grant invoicing and reporting, financial audit requirements, budgeting, auditing, receivable reporting to the State, tax withholding, and 1099, sales tax, abandoned property processing
• Revenue – Receiving, processing, depositing and accounting of all university revenue, cash management, banking and investment
• Act as office manager in regard to employee supervision, evaluation, personnel issues and general operation of the Business Office
• Responsible for financial reporting using Argos, Microsoft Excel and Access
• Responsible for the accounting, budgeting and reporting support of state, private and federal grants
• Responsible for the filing of sales tax, abandoned property, and withholding tax with state agencies following mandated procedures
• Act as coordinator, reviewer and writer of the internal control manual
• Perform checks and follow up of the implementation of internal controls
• Coordinate all aspects of the annual independent financial audit, single audit, state auditor and comptroller audits; prepare accrual, plant and other journal entries
• Oversee year end closing procedures for the Banner and state accounting systems
• Oversee the record management, file storage and inventory process for the Business Office
• Act as Business Office liaison with University departments to assist with financial, budgeting, purchasing and payment issues
• Act as backup for vendor and student check generation, purchasing, and accounts payable.
• Responsible for updating Business Office instructions and forms on the University portal
• Process financial information through the State Budgeting system
• Process expenditures through MMARS (the State accounting system)
• Assist in the implementation and operation of Banner Xtender (scanning) for Business Office needs, such as vendor invoices, contracts, etc.
• Coordinate and assist in the annual trust fund budget process with university departments
• Assist in the revenue collection and petty cash processes along with bank deposit operations
• Assist in the financial accounting of gifts and grants received through the University Development Office
• Assist in the training of University staff in the use of Banner and the development of training materials along with creating training sessions on the University portal
• Assist in the tax filing process including 1099’s and backup withholding on vendors
• Assist in the accounting of all investment activity
• Assist in the vendor contract requirements
• Assist in the completion of many financial and audit reports, surveys and questionnaires for state and federal agencies, and auditors, such as IPEDS, HEIRS, Single Audit, etc.
• Assist in the development and implementation of new and better Business Office policies, procedures and controls
• Assist in the implementation of updated versions to the Banner modules as they relate to finance
• Act as Business Office representative on various University and external committees
• Attend meetings in Boston and throughout the state in regards to all financial area functions
• Perform other related duties as assigned
• Master’s degree in Business Administration or related field, and/or Certified public Accountant
• Advanced knowledge of and experience in accounting and auditing standards
• Proficiency in Microsoft applications, especially Excel, Word, Access, Explorer and PowerPoint
• Knowledge of and experience in higher education structures, principles, practices and procedures
• Knowledge of basic purchasing and accounts payable procedures
• Experience as a manager and supervisor of financial personnel
• Knowledge of and experience in financial and general computer systems and overall data processing operations
• Abilities in both oral and written communications, working well with others, finding solutions to problems, attention to detail and getting the job done.
Advanced knowledge of investment principles, practices and procedures
Advanced knowledge of financial reporting using Argos or similar software
Knowledge of and experience in State and Federal laws, regulations, policies, procedures and State applications such as MMARS, Document Direct, Information Warehouse, Security, etc.
Knowledge of SunGard Higher Education Banner Finance computer application
Experience as a financial administrator on a university campus
This is a full time, benefited union position. The work schedule is Monday- Friday, 8:45am-5:00pm, with an annual salary range of $75,000-$78,000, commensurate with experience.
Framingham State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Members of underrepresented groups and those committed to working in a diverse cultural environment are encouraged to apply.
Please apply online by submitting a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information for three professional references. Paper applications will not be accepted. If you need assistance applying online, please call 508-626-4530.
Framingham State University understands that persons with specific disabilities may need assistance with the job application process and/or with the interview process. For confidential assistance with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources Office at 508-626-4530.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/sjndb2t