Corporate Relations Manager
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||April 23, 2012|
The Corporate Relations Manager is responsible for the management of corporate partnerships and all in-kind donations for the organization. The Corporate Relations Manager must not only be a strong fundraiser but a great organizer and communicator. This person will work with not just national staff but all OH chapters nationwide.
- Develops comprehensive strategy to ensure corporate in-kind support is sustained at the current level and as needed to meet budget projections. This may involve securing new in kind support as needed.
- Secures new corporate partners to support OH through cash contributions event sponsorships, pro bono services, and in-kind contributions.
- Creates a diversified pipeline of corporate partners and prospects for in-kind support.
- Manages car donations and ensures proper communication and outreach to support car donations to OH for the purpose of resale through Charity Cars.
- Partners with Director of Corporate Relations and Director of Special Events to investigate and implement nontraditional approaches to corporate support such as cause marketing, in-kind donation and employee engagement campaigns.
- Writes and submits proposal, renewals, interim reports, and invoices to corporate donors for monetary contributions and for specific in kind needs of the organization.
- Solicits cash gifts to help support the administrative expenses of in-kind contributions.
- Supports organization-wide and development department initiatives.
- Responds to inquiries by corporations, nonprofit organizations, government agencies, media and the general public on a variety of issues concerning in-kind donations.
- Assists in developing policies and procedures for managing in-kind donations.
- Creates an annual in-kind inventory acquisition plan and works with program staff to monitor inventory throughout the year.
- Work closely with program staff to determine needs for in-kind product and costs associated with project implementation.
- Facilitate strategic corporate partnerships through in-kind donations and sponsorship of events, volunteer program and collection drives.
- Negotiates and has the authority to commit and bind OH in multi-million dollar in-kind donation projects with corporate partners.
- Participates in long-term and short-term planning and goal setting for the department
- Develop, manage and steward in-kind partnerships.
- Manage and track in-kind donor and prospect information.
- Ensures compliance with management policies, procedures, and operating practices.
- Participates in long-term and short-term planning and goal setting for the department and other areas impacted by activities in the department.
- Develops the annual in-kind budgets.
- Assists in securing, cultivating, stewarding and renewing lower level corporate sponsor and donors.
- Develops comprehensive project plans for all assigned corporate donors.
- Travel 20 30 % of the time.
- Other duties, assignments, responsibilities or requests.
- Tangible experience of having expanded and cultivated existing donor relationships over time
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships
- Flexible and adaptable style; a leader who can positively impact both strategic and tactical fundraising initiatives
- Ability to work both independently without close oversight, but also a team player who will productively engage with others at varying levels of seniority within and outside Operation Homefront
- High energy and passion for Operation Homefronts mission is essential
- Ability to construct, articulate, and implement annual strategic development plan
- Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Customer focus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A professional and resourceful style; the ability to work independently and as a team player, to take initiative, and to manage multiple tasks and projects at a time
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited college or university is preferred. Extensive, successful, and significant work experience in operations will be considered as equivalent of a degree; and
- Minimum of one year experience successfully performing in the non-profit sector.
- Not More than 50 pounds
- Rockville, MD
How To Apply
It’s easy, fast, and FREE to manage your job search on Vitae.
- Organize all the documents needed to apply for this position in Vitae’s FREE dossier service
- Request letters of recommendation, provide references, and submit applications directly from Vitae
- Manage your job search, whether as a teaching assistant, a tenure-track professor, or a top administrator
To apply without using Vitae
Send all required documents to email@example.com
Already have a Vitae account?
Sign in below to start a new application for this job.