Associate Professor - Touro College Graduate School of Education Teacher Residency Masters Degree Program in General/Spe
Touro college in New York
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||April 23, 2012|
Reports to: Chair, Graduate School of Education, Teacher Residency Masters Program
Status: Full Time
Location: Manhattan and online
About Touro College:
Touro is a system of Jewish-sponsored non-profit institutions of higher and professional education. Touro College was chartered in 1970 primarily to enrich the Jewish heritage, and to serve the larger American community. Approximately 19,000 students are currently enrolled in its various schools and divisions. Touro College has branch campuses, locations and instructional sites in the New York area, as well as branch campuses and programs in Berlin, Jerusalem, Moscow, Paris, and Florida. Touro University California and its Nevada branch campus, as well as Touro College Los Angeles and Touro University Worldwide, are separately accredited institutions within the Touro College and University System. For further information on Touro College, please go to: http://www.touro.edu/media/.
The Associate Professor works with the Program Chair to design and teach program courses, advise and supervise Masters Candidates, and conduct scholarly research.
- Designs and teaches graduate courses, online and/or face-to-face, in child/adolescent development; assessment; teaching students with disabilities; and educational technology (six courses per calendar year)
- Advises masters-degree candidates, including oversight of culminating e-portfolios
- Supervises candidates in field placements/internships/residencies
- Conducts research and publishes scholarly writing
- Serves on Graduate School of Education committees
- Develops research grant proposals
Education, Preparation, and Training
- Earned doctorate in Curriculum, Instruction, Educational Leadership, or related field
- Successful classroom teaching experience, K-12, of diverse students
- Successful graduate-level teaching experience, online and face-to-face
- Successful leadership experience
- Experience in course and program design
- Commitment to multicultural urban education
- Excellent communication, teaching, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to lift 5 pounds
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook
- Proficiency in online learning platforms including Blackboard, Adobe Connect, etc.
Some travel to New York City including occasional evenings
Please send a cover letter with salary expectations and your resume to:
email@example.com. The subject line of your email should read: Associate Professor TC Teacher Residency Masters Degree Program
How To Apply
It’s easy, fast, and FREE to manage your job search on Vitae.
- Organize all the documents needed to apply for this position in Vitae’s FREE dossier service
- Request letters of recommendation, provide references, and submit applications directly from Vitae
- Manage your job search, whether as a teaching assistant, a tenure-track professor, or a top administrator
To apply without using Vitae
Send all required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Already have a Vitae account?
Sign in below to start a new application for this job.