Manager, College and University Relationships
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||April 20, 2012|
|Type||Non tenure track|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
Manage AAUW college and university partner member recruitment and retention program, college/university committee and member leader involvement, and student organization development including leading the National Student Advisory Council.
Report to the Director of Leadership Programs, and create opportunities for student and school relationships that strengthen relationships with AAUW and create new opportunities for engagement.
Assess and recommend AAUW-wide strategies and tactics for retaining and recruiting C/U partner memberships among institutions. This includes constant assessment and development of tactics for marketing to and motivating states organizations, branches, and AAUW leaders.
Create and prioritize a list of potential C/U partners, based on AAUW programs, strategic agenda and demographic of branches/members surrounding those particular C/U institutions.
Initiate contact with targeted potential C/U partners to market the benefits of membership.
Work closely with local AAUW branches and/or members to establish and strengthen relationships with new and established C/U partner members. Serve as staff liaison to C/U committee and develop C/U member leadership structure and resources that grow involvement of state/branch members nationwide in C/U involvement
Maintain and build ongoing communication with current C/U partner members and student organizations and outreach to potential networks for: (a) recruitment, (b) identification of unmet needs, and (c) ways AAUW resources can be leveraged to address them. Work closely with other departments to ensure AAUW programs or services complement the attraction, recruitment, and retention of C/U partner members and e-student affiliates.
Represent AAUW at on-campus events, AAUW state organization/branch meetings, and other external events.
Ensure that the AAUW C/U partner member program remains innovative, effective, and achieves the programs goals and objectives by assessing, reporting, and fine-tuning activities based on assessment, cost-effectiveness and other feedback.
Promote C/U and student recruitment through the management of the National Student Advisory Council program, including: assessment of current year-long program and program design, implementation of monthly conference calls, and coordination with National Conference for College Women Student Leaders.
- Masters degree or the equivalent.
- Minimum 2-5 years of relevant professional experience in higher education institutions, such as with student affairs, admissions, and womens centers, or selling/marketing to those institutions. Demonstrated understanding of campus culture, incentives, purchase process and priorities.
- Effective oral communication skills, including presentation skills, ability to conduct meetings, balance views and concerns of various constituents.
- Outstanding verbal and written communications. Writing sample required.
- Outgoing personality, with experience motivating and managing teams and volunteers.
- Demonstrated history of creativity and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working in partnership or coalition with other organizations, as well as collaboratively with teams and individuals.
- Ability to work independently, manage projects and people, and keep supervisor and colleagues appropriately informed.
- Experience with effectively marketing and/or promoting projects/programs, including the use of email, website and social media components.
- Ability to analyze, synthesize, prioritize, and manage information from multiple sources.
- Experience with developing and managing a budget.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Put the title of the position in the subject line*