Assistant/Associate Professor Mathematics
Montana State University Billings in Montana
|Deadline||May 10, 2012|
|Date Posted||April 17, 2012|
|Type||Tenured, tenure track|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
POSITION: ASSISTANT/ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR - MATHEMATICS
Full time, Tenure-track position (Contingent on funding)
DEPARTMENT: MATHEMATICS DEPARTMENT
College of Arts and Sciences
DATE TO START: August 2012
STARTING SALARY: Dependent upon education and experience and subject to the Collective Bargaining Agreement
BARGAINING UNIT: MSU Billings Faculty Association
Montana State University Billings is the third largest University inMontana and is located in Montanas largest city. The Senior campus, College of Technology and Downtown campus together are home to approximately 5,500 students. The University has five colleges, which offer a wide variety of degree programs to its students. Montana State University Billings employs approximately 500 employees, who together work hard to create an outstanding University.
DESCRIPTION: The primary responsibility of the person holding this position will be to provide quality instruction in a variety of undergraduate mathematics courses, including mathematics education, statistics, or computer science. In addition to teaching, the individual hired will be expected to pursue a research agenda, and contribute to the Department and the University through service. Excellence in teaching is expected, both in the classroom and in mentoring students outside the classroom.
- Ph.D. or ABD in Mathematics
- Demonstrated ability and interest in undergraduate teaching
- Clearly delineated research agenda
- The ability and interest necessary to advance the Departments agenda in curriculum reform and online education
- Knowledge of Mathematica or other CAS
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to teach mathematics education, mathematics, and statistics courses
REVIEW DATE: Applications received by May 10, 2012, will be given preference review; however, the position is open until filled.
APPLY: Submit: (1) a Cover Letter addressing the above qualifications/skills; (2) Curriculum Vitae (CV); (3) Copies of Graduate Transcripts; (4) a List of Three Professional References including names, addresses, and phone numbers; and (5) the Authorization for Background Check Form to:
Human Resources Office/EEO-AA Office
1500 University Drive
Phone: (406) 657-2278; FAX: (406) 657-2120
How To Apply
It’s easy, fast, and FREE to manage your job search on Vitae.
- Organize all the documents needed to apply for this position in Vitae’s FREE dossier service
- Request letters of recommendation, provide references, and submit applications directly from Vitae
- Manage your job search, whether as a teaching assistant, a tenure-track professor, or a top administrator
To apply without using Vitae
Send all required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Already have a Vitae account?
Sign in below to start a new application for this job.