Part-Time Teaching Online Instructor or Course Developer
Notre Dame de Namur University in California
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||April 10, 2012|
NDNU is seeking for highly-qualified Computer Information System (CIS) Instructors interested in developing and teaching the following online graduate-level courses in the Master of Science - Computer Information System (MSCIS) Program:
Software Design and Architecture (3 units)
The purpose of this course is provide students with a solid foundation in most modern concepts and best practices in a creating software product. It is expected that students will learn how to analyze and design large-scale software applications and apply different architecture styles and patterns to software design. Case studies and projects are assigned as a practical component of the course.
CIS4233 Database Design, Implementation, Optimization, and Performance (3 units)
This course covers basic database theory, including models, representations, views, relational calculus, SQL, normalizations, and indexing/ transactions/ concurrency/ recovery. It is also expected that the students will be introduced to most recent advances in database technologies and concepts such as NoSQL, Hadoop, Object-oriented database, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Master of Science in Computer Information Science or closely related degree + relevant experience in CIS. PhD in Science and/or Engineering is highly desired.
- 3+ years of online teaching experience in CIS at a collegiate or University level preferred.
- At least 5-7 years of recent related industry (non-academic) hands-on experience in related subjects.
- US residence ability to work for any employer in US without sponsorship is required.
- Initial Application Materials:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Indicate, specifically, which course you are proposing to develop and/or deliver.
- Cover Letter explaining the candidate's experience with teaching on-line CIS courses and how the candidates non-academic professional experience relates (and add value) to the graduate-level course.
- Additional materials will be requested after the first screening. The selection process begins immediately.
- Meeting the minimum qualifications does not guarantee selection in the pool.
- Send an email with all the application materials attached to: email@example.com. Please put MSCIS Part-time Faculty Position on the subject line.
How To Apply
It’s easy, fast, and FREE to manage your job search on Vitae.
- Organize all the documents needed to apply for this position in Vitae’s FREE dossier service
- Request letters of recommendation, provide references, and submit applications directly from Vitae
- Manage your job search, whether as a teaching assistant, a tenure-track professor, or a top administrator
To apply without using Vitae
Send all required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Already have a Vitae account?
Sign in below to start a new application for this job.