Human Services Instructor - Tenure Track
Tacoma Community College in Washington
|Deadline||April 30, 2012|
|Date Posted||April 5, 2012|
|Type||Tenured, tenure track|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
This position is responsible to prepare and teach of variety of Human Services Professional classes across the curriculum with a focus on Chemical Dependency. This position works closely with human services colleagues in the design, implementation and evaluation of the human services curriculum. This position reports to the Dean for Health, Justice and Human Services.
- Prepares and teaches a variety of concepts for a Human Services generalist, with a focus on Chemical Dependency. Instruction in didactic classroom and practicum supervision.
- Able to teach or learn to teach alternative instruction modalities (Hybrid Online and/or totally Online)
- Maintains effective working relationships in a variety of Human Services agencies.
- Participates actively in departmental responsibilities to include curriculum review, learning outcomes assessment, program development and faculty meetings.
- Serves on faculty committees and participates in college governance.
- Participates in department, division, and college activities and performs other duties normally assigned to full-time faculty members.
- Develop, update and revise curriculum as necessary.
- Bachelors degree in Human Services or closely related field from an accredited college or university.
- Current, unencumbered Certification as a Chemical Dependency Professional.
- Three years work experience in Human Services or closely related field.
- Ability to meet State of Washington Vocational certification requirements.
- Masters degree in Human Services or closely related field from an accredited college or university.
- Experience in teaching Human Services or closely related field.
- One year work experience in a Chemical Dependency Treatment Program.
- Experience with diverse community populations.
- Current State of Washington Vocational certification.
- Experience teaching on-line or hybrid courses.
Conditions of Employment
- Successful completion of a criminal history background check.
The Successful Candidate Must Demonstrate
- Ethics and integrity, and sound professional judgment.
- An appreciation of diversity and the benefits of a commitment to cultural awareness and sensitivity in the workplace.
- Knowledge and experience in Human Services in a variety of settings including chemical dependency.
- Instructional skills using a variety of teaching methodologies and technology to meet the needs of multiple learning styles.
- Commitment to remain current in the field.
- Commitment to a diverse workforce.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with community members, health care professionals, students, faculty and administration.
- Strong skills in written, oral, and listening communications.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Commitment to functioning as an effective team member.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with students, colleagues and staff representing diverse ethnic, cultural, socioeconomic and learning abilities.
- A strong commitment to teaching in a community college setting, responding to the broad ranging needs of a diverse student population.
Application Materials & Procedures
Complete application packages must include the following: (Packages received that do not contain all of these materials will not be considered by the screening committee.) Application materials must be submitted online through our website. http://www.tacomacc.edu/abouttcc/careersattcc
- Tacoma Community College online application.
- Resume & cover letter describing how your educational background and experience align with the responsibilities and qualifications.
- Copies of transcripts for all colleges and universities attended (official transcripts will be required for the successful candidate).
- We strive to employ individuals who possess the skills necessary to effectively educate a diverse population of learners. Our effort is to create a cultural climate that recognizes, respects, and celebrates differences. Please attach a statement (maximum two pages):
- Expressing your cultural self-awareness,
- Describing your experiences with other cultures and communities, and
- Demonstrating how you apply these to the learning/working environment.
All complete applications received by the guaranteed consideration date will be reviewed by a screening committee. Selected candidates will be invited for interview. All documents submitted as a part of your application package become property of the college and will not be returned. Selected candidates will be invited for interview which will include a teaching demonstration.
Terms of Employment
This is a full-time, tenure track faculty position, beginning fall quarter 2012 and contracted on an annual basis with the possibility for a part-time contract summer quarter 2012. Placement on the faculty salary schedule will be commensurate with educational background and experience. The salary will be prorated to reflect the actual contract days remaining in the academic year. A collective bargaining agreement exists, and membership in the TCC Federation of Teachers or payment of a service fee is required. Evening and off campus assignments may be a part of the instructional load. Flexibility is required to meet the needs of the department. Degrees must be from accredited colleges or universities recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and verified by official transcripts.
All documents submitted as part of the application package become the property of the College and will not be returned.
TacomaCommunity Collegeis a smoke-free/drug free environment.
All persons hired must verify their identity and eligibility to work in theUnited States.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance with the recruitment process will be accommodated to the extent reasonably possible.
This recruitment announcement does not reflect the entire job description. The applicable position description will be provided to the successful candidate.
Tacoma Community College values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Educator.
6501 S 19th St Bldg 14, Tacoma WA 98466 www.tacomacc.edu/
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://www.tacomacc.edu/abouttcc/careersattcc