Full-time Lecturer of ESL/EFL
College English Program, Faculty of Liberal Education, Seoul National University
|Deadline||April 30, 2012|
|Date Posted||April 4, 2012|
|Type||Non tenure track|
The College English Program at Seoul National University has full-time lecturer positions available for qualified native speakers of English.
1. Qualifications: Native speakers of English with a MASTER'S DEGREE and above.
Preference will be given to candidates whose degree is in TESL or Applied Linguistics. Candidates who can teach writing and/or speaking courses for students majoring in engineering and natural sciences are especially welcome.
2. Start of employment: September, 2012
3. Length of Contract: One year (renewable)
4. Duties: Teach twelve (12) class hours per week.
Maintain two (2) office hours per week.
Assist in the operation of the program.
Spring and fall semesters are respectively 15-week long. Lecturers are required to be on campus a week before the semester begins.
5. Pay: The monthly salary is 2,695,000 won (before taxation and insurance deduction). You will be paid 35,000 won for any additional/extra hour of teaching.
6. Vacation: Annual total of 20 weeks of paid vacation. Please refer to our university website (http://www.snu.ac.kr) for the details of academic calendar.
7. Housing: Foreign faculty members are entitled to stay in on-campus apartment for the duration of the contract. Monthly rent varies between 398,000 won (studio apartment) and 630,000 won (two-bedroom apartment). Key money (3-month rent) and first-month rent should be paid before moving in. The College English Program will provide at least 600,000 won as a monthly housing subsidy. Please be informed that a two-bedroom apartment may NOT be available.
8-1. Documents required of all applicants:
Copies of Academic transcripts (Bachelor & Master)
A photocopy of Diploma (Bachelor & Master)
Two recommendation letters
A photocopy of the information page of your passport
A recent photo
8-2. Documents required of the finalists:
A Certificate (or Letter) of Career (This document should show the exact working period including the month and the date)
4 photos (3 x 4 cm)
Self-health Statement (only for E-2 visa)
Issuance of proof of (lack of) criminal records which covers whole country, from countrys government, and must be affixed with the relevant nations Apostille (only for E-2 visa)
9. Deadline and Contacts:
All applications must arrive no later than April 30th, 2012. Please send the documents to Ms. Jinhee Jeong at the College English Program.
We prefer applications sent via SURFACE or EXPRESS MAIL. Your application documents will not be returned except the original copy of your academic transcript, certificate and diploma. Finalists will be individually informed of the interview and demonstration lecture schedule no later than May 18th.
Please refer to our website (http://cep.snu.ac.kr) for further details about the program or contact Ms. Jinhee Jeong at (+82-2) 880-5487 or email@example.com. Please visit the website of Korean Immigration Office (http://www.hikorea.go.kr) for further information about visa.
Ms. Jinhee Jeong
College English Program
Building 3, room 212
Seoul National University
1 Gwanak-ro, Gwanak-gu
Seoul 151-745, Korea